PDA

View Full Version : dimensions Oklahoma BBQ

Sonny
09-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Dear members,

I am new in this community, I am Flemish, living in Bruges, Belgium, Europe.

I am strongly interested in building my own Oklahoma BBQ. Is there a possibility to obtain a blueprint or drawing with the correct dimensions? And maybe as well the type of material that should be used?

Thank you in advance if you could help me out here with some advise, I am a little desperate because I can't find anything anywhere on the dimensions.

Kind regards,

Sonny

stephan
09-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi and welcome. There are plenty of ideas and drawings and photos of the member smokers on this site, your going to have to do a search and plenty should come up

SteelSmokin
09-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Welcome sorry I can't help I never built one. Good luck and post pic's please.

chomper's bbq
09-14-2011, 04:20 PM
I built a trailer smoker a few years ago and found plans on the net by just typing in trailer smoker plans. Why not try a UDS the plans are on this site.

Grillman
09-15-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm not familiar with any type of cooking unit called a "Oklahoma BBQ" ...do you have
any pictures of what you are referring to?

It may be known by another name here in the USA.
Any additional information that you can provide will make it easier for
someone here to point you in the right direction for the type of cooking unit
you would like to build.

Cook
09-15-2011, 06:39 AM
They have bbq in Oklahoma?

LOL

ChicagoSizzlin
09-15-2011, 06:43 AM
I'm not familiar with any type of cooking unit called a "Oklahoma BBQ" ...do you have
any pictures of what you are referring to?

It may be known by another name here in the USA.
Any additional information that you can provide will make it easier for
someone here to point you in the right direction for the type of cooking unit
you would like to build.

I think he is just referring to a offset smoker really. Not sure if he is after reverse flow or not. My friend is from Belgium and I remember him calling my offset that.

Terry The Toad
09-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Can't help you with the plans, but welcome to the forum. My company sent me to Brussels a few years ago, and we visited Bruges - it's a beautiful city in a beautiful country.

---k---
09-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi Sonny,
Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what type of cooker you are asking about either. A photo may help.

Also, Belgium is close to the Netherlands, right? :wink: you might want to get in touch with our member here Phubar. He is in the Netherlands and has built a bunch of vertical drum smokers -uds
And recently opened an online bbq store for you people on the other side of the pond. He is a great guy too and can probably hook you up with a lot closer resources.

Good luck. Keep us posted on your build when you start.!
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Sonny
09-16-2011, 05:50 AM
@stephan, Steelsmokin, james stanford, Grillman, Cook, Chicagosizzlin, Terry The Toad and ---k---:

Thank you all for your comments, leads and helpful answers :thumb:!
It's cool to get so many reactions in such a short time :-D. I'll do some more research and post some pics soon, so you can more visualize what i'm looking for.

Greetings,

Sonny :peace:

Sonny
09-16-2011, 06:38 AM
@stephan, Steelsmokin, james stanford, Grillman, Cook, Chicagosizzlin, Terry The Toad and ---k---:

Hereby some pics, hope this is helpful :pray:

Greetings,

Sonny

PS: Soon I send some pics from Bruges as well :wink:

deguerre
09-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Ah! An Oklahoma Joe. Whatever diameter you go for use 1/4" steel for the chambers and firebox.