PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Joe's brisket rub

shock
05-04-2005, 12:55 PM
I just posted a file in the Mops, rubs, sauces, marinades upload section - Oklahom Joe's brisket flat rub (the file won't show up until an Admin/moderator approves it...). I used it this weekend on a 6# flat.

WOW.

It is currently my favorite. Amazing spice flavor with possibly the best flat I've ever smoked made it an instant classic IMHO. I made a bunch of comments specific to what I changed...

Also, I served the brisket cut into chunks (i.e. burnt ends) and think I like that much better than sliced.

If your looking for something to try, give this a whirl. You will not be disappointed... All the ingredients are common - nothing fancy...

Bill-Chicago
05-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Welcome back

jt
05-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Wow! Hi Shock! Know where Cattle Call is? :twisted:

How's the house coming?

shock
05-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Ah - I feel the love!! Good to BE back!

Basement is coming along okay (never enough time). I have finished the bathroom and the office and hallway should be completed by next weekend. That leaves me with about 1/2 to go...

Thanks for asking!

BBQchef33
05-04-2005, 02:45 PM
hey shock!!!! Thought ya drove away on the John Deere.... :)

Recipe is released.

brdbbq
05-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Phil active today must have had fiber last night.

shock
05-04-2005, 03:02 PM
hey shock!!!! Thought ya drove away on the John Deere.... :)

Recipe is released.

It ran out of gas :lol:

shock
05-04-2005, 03:05 PM
So I was looking through the other rub posts and found a recipie from "196 Dry Rubs" that was sorta close to the OK Joe's that I posted... the quantities are different and I use no must-turd, but I'm sure the flavor is close... Plus - this one appears to have too much salt for my liking...

All-Purpose Rub

3 tablespoons salt or seasoned salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon black pepper - freshly ground
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder

Davewey
05-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Damm Shock thought you lost your password. Good to hear from ya

brucesieg
05-05-2005, 08:20 PM
hey shock, glad to see ya, thanks for the rub recipe

brdbbq
05-06-2005, 09:10 AM
Could not find it...Help

Kevin
05-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Could not find it...Help

Recipes=Farked, Click on the files button in the upper left of your screen. Scroll down. Vouila!

Stucue74
05-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Can't go wrong with a name like Oklahoma Joe's :wink: . I actually haven't tried that rub yet, will have to look around for it, where did you pick it up? My favorite as of yet is another OK brand---Head Country rub, good on just about everything.

shock
05-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Could not find it...Help

Here is the link directly to the Files section...

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=UpDownload&file=index& req=viewsdownload&sid=6

Clcik the link above then scroll down to Oklahoms Joe's. Damn good eatin!!

Sorry the file is so large... I have a revised copy that is much more manageable... It should be out there soon.

shock
05-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Can't go wrong with a name like Oklahoma Joe's :wink: . I actually haven't tried that rub yet, will have to look around for it, where did you pick it up? My favorite as of yet is another OK brand---Head Country rub, good on just about everything.

The recipie was originally posted on the Food Network from a special with Bobby Flay.

Another thing I like about the OK Joe recipie I posted is that it makes enough for one flat (applied liberally) - that way you only mix up what you need (no waste) and your ingredients stay fresh!!

Do you have the ingredients/directions for the Head Country rub?

Bigdog
05-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the recipe Shock. I like it hot so I will go with your suggestions to make it hotter. Fire good. 8)

jt
05-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Damm Shock thought you lost your password. Good to hear from ya
Speaking of losing passwords.....good to see you Davewey.

Neil
05-09-2005, 09:17 AM
I've used many of the Oklahoma Joe's marinades and they are very good for injecting.