PDA

View Full Version : Appetizer ideas?

jeffsee
09-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Hey folks,

Next weekend we have a brat fry for the Packers' game. My wife wants something different than IBTs or MOINK balls for an appetizer. What could I do on the smoker that has a wow factor that is different?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boshizzle
09-10-2011, 11:48 PM
DOINKS - Bacon wrapped pitted dates stuffed with an almond rubbed with a little BBQ rub and glazed with a little BBQ sauce at the end.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=326&pictureid=3759

BBQ thick cut (4") Balogna which is rubbed with BBQ rub and glazed at the end with BBQ sauce served by cutting into cubes.

tmehlhorn
09-10-2011, 11:48 PM
How about this, get some nice shrimp, put a pineapple tidbit in in the curve and wrap in bacon and smoke.

gtr
09-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Pig candy is always a crowd pleaser. You can either do 10:1 brown sugar to cayenne (or whatever your heat preference is) or you can do this (http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2010/11/pig-candy.html) recipe by Patio Daddio if you wanna get fancy - it's a farking great recipe. Maybe throw a little ginger in as well.

Or look in the Spam throwdown. :heh:

Zin
09-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Smoke some ham and cheese on crackers, simple and good.

JMSetzler
09-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Do that Huli Huli Pineapple that was posted around here earlier in the week... or do some bacon-wrapped scallops.

PatioDaddio
09-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Pig candy is always a crowd pleaser. You can either do 10:1 brown sugar to cayenne (or whatever your heat preference is) or you can do this (http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2010/11/pig-candy.html) recipe by Patio Daddio if you wanna get fancy - it's a farking great recipe. Maybe throw a little ginger in as well.

Or look in the Spam throwdown. :heh:

Thanks, bro. I appreciate that very much.

John

gtr
09-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Thanks, bro. I appreciate that very much.

John

You put up some great stuff - thanks for that! :thumb:

Ron_L
09-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Brat fry? Isn't that illegal in Wisconsin? :-D

How about bacon-wrapped mushrooms? The mushroom picked up the bacon flavor. I cook them until the bacon is done and then serve with a sweet BBQ sauce for dipping.

WineMaster
09-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Bacon wrapped Cheese Curds

tamadrummer
09-11-2011, 08:46 AM
How about some smoked fish dip? You can smoke the fish yourself or buy some pre-smoked fish.

Other ingredients:
1tbs. woosty
4 tbs. mayo
1 tbs. hot sauce (Frank's or Texas Pete) (Any will work)
2 tbs. minced dry onion (granulated)
6 tbs. sour cream
2 tbs. lemon juice
1/2 tbs. garlic salt

(This is not my recipe since I really don't like fish but there are too many that love it to ignore that this can be a big time crowd pleaser)

sbramm
09-11-2011, 08:55 AM
SPOINK cubes. Spam cubes covered in a rub of equal parts brown sugar and chilli powder then dusted with chipotle powder for some heat. Then wrap in bacon and hit with another sprinkle of the rub. serve with bbq sauce for dipping.

Paulmark
09-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Quarter japs, add chunk of pineapple, wrap with a strip of chx(thigh or breast) and finish it by wrapping with bacon. I used this for my appitizer throwdown entry.
For some reason my pics on the thread are gone or else I would posted the thread.

isolated01
09-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Piggles, dill pickle halves stuffed with cheese and sausage wrapped in bacon