PDA

View Full Version : Bandera Alert!!


Bigmista
04-30-2005, 01:09 PM
There is a show on right now (KOCE in L.A.) called Barbecue University and the guy has a Bandera going in the background!!

Here is the website:

http://www.bbqu.net/wheretowatch.html

Check the schedule to see when it comes on in your area!

scottm4300
04-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up!! Naturally, there are no NH stations on the list - LOL! Welcome to my island!!

BigBelly
04-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Wow, I am shocked they would not have a more popular model like the WMS or something out in the background. Kinda make you feel like the ol Dera is not the bottom of the rung smoker, heh? =) I only say that because once upon a time I was talking to a few KCBS judges back in MD and when I said N.B. Bandera they kinda smirked! Oh well, no worries. I got a kick of them tooting their own horn...

brdbbq
04-30-2005, 01:39 PM
They missed one in McKinney, TX.

Jorge
04-30-2005, 01:43 PM
They missed one in McKinney, TX.

Why do you watch TV when you can go to the Armadillo races?

brdbbq
04-30-2005, 01:49 PM
They missed one in McKinney, TX.

Why do you watch TV when you can go to the Armadillo races?

I don't watch TV that much doing 10+ hr days. They where coming here to tape but I go through Smokers and Address's so fast they didn't catch it. BTW Ain't see no dillo's up this way.

Bigmista
04-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Wow, I am shocked they would not have a more popular model like the WMS or something out in the background. Kinda make you feel like the ol Dera is not the bottom of the rung smoker, heh? =) I only say that because once upon a time I was talking to a few KCBS judges back in MD and when I said N.B. Bandera they kinda smirked! Oh well, no worries. I got a kick of them tooting their own horn...

They did have a WSM, and one of the smokers kcquer has in his avatar with the wagon wheels too.

Bill-Chicago
04-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Thats Steve Raichlan (I think) and that show is schit.

He doesnt know a smoker from a food dehydrator.

Can't stand to watch that show.

gives the term barbecue a bad name

Bigmista
04-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Figures. He had cool smokers in the back but he was making beer butt chicken.

jgh1204
04-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Face it guys, 99% of the US public does not have the patience/time for true bbq and they are not going to cater a show for the other 1%.

Ron_L
04-30-2005, 09:50 PM
He has the smokers in the background for every show, but I have never seen him do anything but grilling...

I do like his GrillCam, however... Wouldn't it be cool to have a BanderaCam?

BigAl
05-02-2005, 03:24 PM
He has the smokers in the background for every show, but I have never seen him do anything but grilling...

I do like his GrillCam, however... Wouldn't it be cool to have a BanderaCam?

It would need a real good light blue filter :!: