PDA

View Full Version : Mildly Suprised

twinsfan
09-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Our school rented a super large electric smoker to do a lot of shoulders for Opening Weekend. I didn't go, since I had stuff to do on the weekend, but they served it today.

They served the PP on italian baugette :crazy: ... but it wasn't falling apart-mush, which was suprising. A little smoker flavor, like a few Kingsford Hickory chips. Not that strong, but it was pretty good. Another thing a lot of schools/places do is oversauce the meat, and I think there was just enough (maybe a little dry!) They put a little red cabbage in each little sandwich, which wasn't enough, but I liked the bite of the red cabbage.

Overall, I could still do better, but they didn't make those critical mistakes most make.

PatAttack
09-07-2011, 01:25 PM
The real question is....did they BOIL it first????:laugh:

wildflower
09-07-2011, 01:29 PM
The real question is....did they BOIL it first????:laugh:

HELLO, he is from New Jersey!!! HELLO, is anyone home!!! :doh: :crazy: :tsk: :laugh:

twinsfan
09-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Well, I go to school in another state. But anyways, they have a very large electric smoker right outside the student center. I think. I see super huge hotplates. This thing is twenty feet long.

Garyclaw
09-07-2011, 06:32 PM
sounds like they made a good attempt though. In North Carolina, they always put cole slaw on their pp. (at least where my girl comes from they do):-D

Boshizzle
09-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Wow, a school that welcomes students back with pulled pork! That sounds like it was fun even if it was cooked on an electric cooker.

BTW - I know a guy that used to cook 700 pounds of pork a night on an electric cooker and sold out the next day on a regular basis. So, just because it was cooked on an electric cooker doesn't mean it wasn't good.

twinsfan
09-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Yea, I was shocked. We all know that concession crock pot pork that's mush.