PDA

View Full Version : Rotisserie Pineapple

Tom Dean
09-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I did a rotisserie pineapple for desert.

I sliced off the husk(?) and removed the eyes. Rubbed with brown sugar and sprinkled it with cinnamon. On the rotisserie at 300* indirect heat. After 40 minutes, basted it with equal parts rum, brown sugar and butter every 4 minutes until 48 minutes.

Came out really good although I was a little disappointed with the lack of a crust.

I think the basted part should have been on medium to high direct heat.

Unfortunately I forgot pr0n. I took one when I first put it on, but, got anxious and maybe had a touch of rum... So, I forgot the finished one.

I plan to do one next week and try the direct heat to finish.

Tom Dean

NS Mike D
09-06-2011, 09:28 PM
11 am this morning and it's already three pages deep

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115663

Jonny Rotisserie
09-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Tom,
You may want to try and finish with honey. It leaves a great glaze on the pineapple.

I know what you mean about drinking too much rum while it is cooking and forgetting to take the pictures. I don't have any pics of mine either, but I remember the last batch came out damn good. I may have also sprinkled on one of those Pampered Chef caramel or cinnamon combo dessert thingies. ...Or that might have been on the apples that other night? :noidea:.

I also concur about the high heat idea. Not sure how others weigh in on this, but the first time I did a pineapple, I don't think I laid on enough heat and the results were mediocre. Later, some folks told me that with a good hot heat you don't need to put anything on it, that it will glaze up on its own (and you can carve it as you go), which is why the second time I really put its feet to the fire much more than before and I think that helped.

Clearly more experimentation is needed. Ooh, ooh, me me, I'll do it! Pick ME!!

--Jonny Rotisserie