PDA

View Full Version : BBQ competition meat

chicago jack
09-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi there. I recently earned a place at The Jack by becoming GC of The British BBQ Society Pitmaster Series . I'm looking for a meat supplier for the competition. Can anybody recommend a mail order company who can supply me with competition standard meat. I'm also on the look out for anybody in Tennessee or close by who would hire or loan to me a gravity fed cabinet smoker like a Stumps or Superior for the duration of the Jack weekend. Any other tips or advice gratefully accepted.

JD McGee
09-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi there. I recently earned a place at The Jack by becoming GC of The British BBQ Society Pitmaster Series . I'm looking for a meat supplier for the competition. Can anybody recommend a mail order company who can supply me with competition standard meat. I'm also on the look out for anybody in Tennessee or close by who would hire or loan to me a gravity fed cabinet smoker like a Stumps or Superior for the duration of the Jack weekend. Any other tips or advice gratefully accepted.

Congrats brother smoker...looking forward to meeting you in the holler! :thumb: I would wait for your "Jack" package to arrive...as an international team I believe everything you'll need willl be provided for you.
Cheers!
JD

chicago jack
09-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks for replying John. I understand that we do get meat and a cooker provided . It is different though working with a cooker which you're unaccustomed to and it would be nice , for instance, to pick up a nice prime Angus brisket instead of USDA Choice. The other thing I'll miss is my cambro but hey, I'm extremely happy and very privileged to be able to compete with you all at Lynchburg. I know that there are hundreds of teams in the USA who were unlucky in the draw or who just missed out on qualifying who are probably more worthy than we are of our place. If you get chance, please drop by the International village and say hello. It would be great to share a cold one and you can maybe give me a few pointers on your hot and fast methods.

JD McGee
09-04-2011, 12:29 PM
You are very welcome. You might contact Stumps or Superior personally and explain your situation. They may have a dealer or team in the area that would be more than willing to help you out. As far as meats are concerned I am not sure where in Tennessee to get CAB prime briskets. I'm thinking Restaurant Depot if there is one nearby....google will be your best friend I think! lol! A cold one sounds good...looking forward to it! :thumb: Looks like RD is opening a store in Nashville the 4th quarter of 2011...they might be open when you arrive. Might be worth a look-see... http://www.restaurantdepot.com/misc/Storedtl.aspx?Id=415