PDA

View Full Version : Need help with building a BGE table on a trailer

Griz
09-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I have a cabin that's sits on top of a tandem trailer. I want to build a table that sits towards the tongue that will house my two BGE's. Here's the problem......I want the exterior of the table to be covered in stone but am afraid that the flexing of the trailer will damage the stone and/or grout. Thoughts?

BigBobBQ
09-03-2011, 11:45 AM
well that might be an issue depending on the size of the table and the sturdiness of the trailer, or possibly you can build and mount the table on some sort of big rubber grommets so it has some movement and flexibility in case the trailer does flex some.

silverfinger
09-03-2011, 12:29 PM
It sounds to me like allot of extra weight to your trailer. As nice as that would be have you considered a stainless steel top? Cheaper, lighter and easy to install.

lola
09-03-2011, 01:05 PM
If the trailer is not to big, and the stone is veneer (1/4-1/2" thick) you could attach it to the table with a very good grade silicone rubber adhesive, and use a similar silicone for the grout. This will dry very flexible and with stand any heat that comes from the eggs. No an economical solution, but I have used it on other trailer applications with about an 80% success.

MG_NorCal
09-03-2011, 01:57 PM
I have a cabin that's sits on top of a tandem trailer. I want to build a table that sits towards the tongue that will house my two BGE's. Here's the problem......I want the exterior of the table to be covered in stone but am afraid that the flexing of the trailer will damage the stone and/or grout. Thoughts?

As mentioned above, how will you deal with the tongue weight?
Also, will the Eggs travel in the table? If so, how will you protect them from the jarring forces of driving?
A fully framed rectangular box for the table attached to the trailer at the lower corners through heavy rubber mounts will isolate it from trailer flex and help with vibration but won't do much for large impacts.