PDA

View Full Version : Any Thermapen sales going on out there?

Pappy
08-25-2011, 10:57 PM
A while back everyone was buying a Thermapen for.......I think around $69.

Do you know of any currents sales going on now?

Pappy
08-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Those who have a Thermapen, where did you buy yours at?

brewerjamie15
08-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Am I the only one in this joint who does not own a TP? I just use a regular old instant read thermometer. Mine works great. Takes maybe 2 seconds longer than a thermapen but cost maybe twenty bucks.

ianjoe
08-26-2011, 09:03 AM
I bought mine straight from thermoworks. Right after I ordered mine, I noticed the $69 sale on returned and refurb'd ones. All that was left was pink ones, so I didn't feel too bad. Still, 20 bucks off 89 is a great deal.

cdollar
08-26-2011, 09:05 AM
I started to jump on the TP kool-aid wagon when I saw that sale, then realized that I have been bbq'ing for over 45 years, and haven't needed one yet, so reason prevailed and I declined.

Chuck

ianjoe
08-26-2011, 09:11 AM
I started to jump on the TP kool-aid wagon when I saw that sale, then realized that I have been bbq'ing for over 45 years, and haven't needed one yet, so reason prevailed and I declined.

Chuck

I'll be honest, I really don't use mine enough to justify the 89 bucks. Maybe if I got it at 69....
It is a nice tool to have in the arsenal though.

Matt_A
08-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Test doneness by feel and probing for tenderness; temperature can make you go very wrong. It's done when it's done.... Time per pound and internal temps are, let's just say, VERY general guidelines. Very rarely will two pieces of meat cook exactly the same. I have a thermometer to check temps for food service to stay legal, but for cooking I use them only to give me a general idea of what's happening inside the mysterious black hole that is my smoker.