PDA

View Full Version : Said buh-bye to my Gasser

JMSetzler
08-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Well, I didn't think I'd do it but I did. My gasser went buh-bye yesterday. Since I joined this site in May I have used it exactly twice, and those times were just for the purpose of assuring myself I preferred charcoal cooking. I had the Chargriller 3001 and for all practical purposes, it was a good gasser. My GF's brother didn't have a grill so my Chargriller has a new home on his back porch where I can go visit it if I feel the need...

Since joining here in May, I have bought a WSM 18.5, a smokey joe, and the OTG kettle and built a UDS. Kingsford and Weber better send me Christmas cards....

deguerre
08-23-2011, 03:48 PM
You are soooooooooo addicted.

1FUNVET
08-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Make sure you have them tied down if Irene heads you way. I learned the hard way.

JMSetzler
08-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm far enough inland that I don't often get severe weather from hurricanes, not withstanding Hurricane Hugo way back when. But thanks for reminding me of that. I will keep my eyes on the weather late this week :)

jmellor
08-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Grill Acquisition Syndrome....Otherwise known as GAS. It's quite common in these parts and you are in good company! Congrats on making the break...I have been looking at my lonely Weber gasser lately and thinking a Weber performer would be a nice replacement...

JMSetzler
08-23-2011, 04:14 PM
What i'd like to have next is a nice cast iron hibachi grill...

hamiltont
08-23-2011, 04:15 PM
With ya ALL the way... Used the gasser once this year to roast some peppers. Cheers!!!

aquablue22
08-23-2011, 04:52 PM
The best part for me is watching him become addicted!, I remember when you showed up asking questions and now look at you!........

Hey Guerry you find your watch?, maybe it's in JM's Gasser that went to his BL......

JiveTurkey
08-23-2011, 04:55 PM
You're a bigger man than me, I could never give up my gasser. Got my eye on a Weber Summit next. After I win the lotto!

Jason TQ
08-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Cool. I haven't used my gasser in a while and both in part to using charcoal, but also the gas line busted and after replacing it it busted again. They definitely have a purpose for me like when I want to spontaneously grill some veggies in time for whatever I'm cooking inside that is about to finish. I just need to plan ahead more. It is nice you can still visit though.

bigsapper
08-23-2011, 05:13 PM
I've never had a gas grill but in planning my outdoor kitchen, I'm making room for a gas-fired 2-burner setup.

Wampus
08-23-2011, 05:55 PM
........WELCOME to the BBQ-Brethren JM!!!!:thumb:

After I joined, I put mine up on CL on the FREE page. Gave it to a guy. Granted, it was in pretty bad shape....burners rusted out and all....but still......

BUH-BYE!!!!

geo
08-23-2011, 06:07 PM
We moved a couple of months ago and I sold the Weber gasser on cl so we (I) would not have to move it.

Jaskew82
08-23-2011, 06:24 PM
good luck. I still love my gasser for the convenience.

btcg
08-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Well, I didn't think I'd do it but I did. My gasser went buh-bye yesterday. Since I joined this site in May I have used it exactly twice, and those times were just for the purpose of assuring myself I preferred charcoal cooking. I had the Chargriller 3001 and for all practical purposes, it was a good gasser. My GF's brother didn't have a grill so my Chargriller has a new home on his back porch where I can go visit it if I feel the need...

Since joining here in May, I have bought a WSM 18.5, a smokey joe, and the OTG kettle and built a UDS. Kingsford and Weber better send me Christmas cards....

That may be a mistake. A gasser has its place: when you need a quick char on something.

Wife & I like our steaks quite rare... so rare that I've got to keep an eye on em to ensure they don't run away. A gasser is the perfect tool for this.

Moose
08-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Good for you, JM - I'm sure the journey has been a fun one. We have a really nice Weber gas grill we use about 3-4x a year...there's just no comparison between gas and charcoal. About the only thing we use the gas grill for is burgers in a pinch, or we have a large group and are grilling veggies. Other than that, it just sits there quietly...

sandiegobbq
08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
He who dies with the most grills wins!

Bbq Bubba
08-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Outstanding!

Crazy Harry
08-23-2011, 09:50 PM
I still have the gasser but after building the UDS O gave my electric ECB to my daughter so maybe she'll stop boiling her ribs.

brewerjamie15
08-23-2011, 10:14 PM
I've never had a gasser, but I too have gone off the deep end due in large to this place.
I started off with a Weber Performer and a Brinkman stick burner. Oh, and a smokey joe.

I made a cold smoker
built a UDS
Bought a 22.5 master touch weber off craigslist for 20 bucks
got a small brinkman vertical smoker
was gifted an 15.5 weber OTS

This place will surely enable a passion. All the information, good people, contests, pron, and much more. Its been a helluva ride though, lots of fun.

JMSetzler
08-23-2011, 11:22 PM
I dont think i will miss the gasser. If i decide i need one i will probably get something better than the chargriller.

Saiko
08-24-2011, 05:45 AM
I still use mine to clean the grates from the smokers. That's the only reason I still have it.