PDA

View Full Version : On the road again!

Hoorenga
04-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Looks like I may get my Bandera after all. I'm going to be flying to West Palm Beach with my wife in June and driving her elderly parents, in their two cars, back up to their summer home in Wheeling, West Virginia. From there I will be catching a hop over to Newport Rhode Island for my daughter in law's wedding and visiting my 104 year old (yes you heard it right) Aunt. I figure some where along the way I should be able to pick up a Bandera and have the inlaws ship it back for me. Where there is a will there is a way but Will died a while back so now I say "where there is a Hoo there is a way".

Hoo

icemn62
04-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Now that is determination.

BBQchef33
04-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Bandera weighs in at close to 300 lbs... best check freight coasts from east to west. May be the same as having one sent from charbroil.

Bigmista
04-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Phil's back! Phil's back!!

Hoorenga
04-16-2005, 07:47 PM
300 Lbs! That's a lot of cooker. I'm suprised. I would have figured it at around 100 lbs but I've never actually seen one. I'm impressed. I think my Triumph 650 didn't weigh much more than that. Sombeach. Don't suppose I could get in on the plane as extra lugage? Overhead compartment? "Any strangers give you a package to take on the plane sir?" "Well come to think of it, I didn't know the guy who sold me this 300 lb piece of steel". "Come with me son".

Arlin_MacRae
04-17-2005, 08:33 AM
ROFL

Yeah, she's a big'n, Hoo. Good luck man. Maybe you can rent a tiny U-Haul trailor or something.

hafast
04-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Just find yourself an Academy sports. Didn't look up locations, but they're mainly in the south. Bandera's run about $190.00. Good luck!

Hoorenga
04-17-2005, 05:55 PM
"Yeah, she's a big'n, Hoo. Good luck man. Maybe you can rent a tiny U-Haul trailor or something."

Heck, I'll just put it together and put a towing rig on the puppy! Or do the motor mod and drive it home. I may be rethinking this again. If it does weigh 300 pounds then the offer from the manufacturer to ship me one for $325 actually doesn't sound all that bad.

The_Kapn
04-17-2005, 06:57 PM
"Yeah, she's a big'n, Hoo. Good luck man. Maybe you can rent a tiny U-Haul trailor or something."

Heck, I'll just put it together and put a towing rig on the puppy! Or do the motor mod and drive it home. I may be rethinking this again. If it does weigh 300 pounds then the offer from the manufacturer to ship me one for $325 actually doesn't sound all that bad.
Hoo-
I paid $285 plus tax for mine and was happy to get it :lol:
$325 ain't bad--and you will get every penny's worth of service from it.

If I remember correctly--245 pounds in the box.
Had to open and unpack on the trailer--could not off-load :twisted:

TIM