PDA

View Full Version : A couple chuckies for tomorrow...

Al Czervik
08-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Here are a couple chuckies rubbed up with 3Eyz and resting peacefully in the fridge for tomorrow:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg192/scaled.php?server=192&filename=imgp1241y.jpg&res=medium

Gonna fire them up for a family get together and if all goes well they'll be entered in the Master's Chuckie Throwdown... This is my first time doing chuckies so please wish me luck. Results to follow tomorrow... :thumb:

gtr
08-20-2011, 01:21 AM
You are gonna love 'em! I just started doing chuckies this year & it was a revelation. My MIL and SIL thought they didn't like bbq beef until they had some chuckie. :thumb:

colonel00
08-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Here is my whole quandry with chuckies...they are great and all but for what a trimmed chuck roast costs, you can get a CAB packer brisket for cheaper per pound. Now, you can find deals like at RD where you can get a whole roll for a good price but that is extra effort too. I love chuckies but recently I have had a hard time purchasing the trimmed cuts from Sam's (the best I have found around here) for the extra money.

Al Czervik
08-20-2011, 05:37 AM
^^^^^ I would agree that price per pound for a chuckie is much more than a packer brisket. Since I've yet to yet to taste the finished chuckie, I'll reserve judgement for now on which one I like better. The cheap part of me wants it to be the brisket. The part of me who just bought these two the other day wants it to be the chuckies... :roll:

Al Czervik
08-20-2011, 05:40 AM
You are gonna love 'em! I just started doing chuckies this year & it was a revelation. My MIL and SIL thought they didn't like bbq beef until they had some chuckie. :thumb:

I'm hoping that will be the case here too. I'm following your recommendations on time/temp so if they turn out bad I'm gonna blame you. :heh:

cameraman
08-20-2011, 06:45 AM
I wonder how the price compares after you cut out the enormous wedge of fat between the point and the flat.

SmokinAussie
08-20-2011, 06:51 AM
Good Luck Mate!

I'm sure you will nail it!

Cheers!

Bill

Phubar
08-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Have Phun tomorrow Al!

Gore
08-20-2011, 08:03 AM
You know you could be cooking some beef ribs while those chuckies are on ... just sayin'.

Al Czervik
08-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Farkin ay... You are a tough sell! Ok I'll look when I go to the store this a.m. :tsk:

colonel00
08-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Just use some old pork rib bones and jab them into some chuck chunks. Nobody will ever know. :thumb:

fil
08-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Personally I prefer the taste of Chuckies over brisket. I used to cook briskies because they were sooo much cheaper but these days... not that much.

fil