PDA

View Full Version : How to be a better pronographer

cameraman
08-14-2011, 10:57 PM
If you want to rotate your photos, fix your color, lighten or darken bad exposures GIMP is the way to go. This freeware program has many of Photoshop's features but it's free. You'll have to study the online manual a little, especially if you're new to photo post processing. But good food deserves good images. The time you put in will be rewarded with mouth watering images. You can find the software here. (http://www.gimp.org/downloads/).

Midnight Smoke
08-14-2011, 11:11 PM
I downloaded it a few years ago and played around with it some. It is a great free program but does take some studying to master it.

tmehlhorn
08-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I have used gimp. I think for the avereage guy though Picasa might be a better choice. It is much more user friendly, although it has less to it. jmo

cameraman
08-15-2011, 05:44 AM
I have used gimp. I think for the avereage guy though Picasa might be a better choice. It is much more user friendly, although it has less to it. jmo

I put Picasa on the pc in the family room and found I couldn't get anything done with it. But I'm confused by point and shoot cameras. Go figure. :doh: