PDA

View Full Version : New BBQ Setup!! More space for more stuff.

Jason TQ
08-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Just got my new bbq area pretty much done. I didn't do it myself since I have close to zero skills in the landscaping department. Still have some "around the edges" work which I will complete myself so it will blend in a little more with the rest of the backyard. I know there is a "show your area" thread up I'll post some pics there too probably when it is all done.

My wife had wanted me to not have the bbq equipment on the back patio right outside the back door since it attracts flies into the house and to keep all the wonderful smokey goodness smell from always coming in :-P. So since she is great and never gives me a hard time whenever I happen to bring home new equipment and fully supports my hobby/obsession I said sure. Plus I get my own dedicated bbq area so this was not a hard sell.

Here was the old setup when I still had all these smokers and didn't have the blue TnT. Though this pic I had staged since I was selling 3 on CL the next day and 1 of them was my buddies.You can see in the back ground the garden beds I had before all the work was done. Gave the beds to my friends and reused all the dirt.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j395/fnbish69/BBQ/IMG_1373.jpg

About 3/4 done. Hardest part for the landscaping crew was getting rid of all the dirt and leveling.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j395/fnbish69/2011-08-05_09-00-02_356.jpg

Here it is done, again with a little work left for me around the edges. Looks kind of plain right now. Moved over the smokers. Not exactly sure how I will keep the setup. Going to get try and find some CL deals on the out door storage benches and maybe an outdoor storage cabinet like rubbermaid makes for bbq accessories and charcoal. Will also be looking for a decent gazebo for shade as there is no longer a house to block the sun.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j395/fnbish69/2011-08-07_13-13-10_975.jpg

Any other ideas for what I could put over there that would be functional?? I will probably add another table similar/identical to the one that is over there for starters.

colonel00
08-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Looks great :thumb: A good work area would be great. You could definitely use some more cookers :becky: You could even go crazy and run a water line and have a simple outdoor sink setup.

Chef Jim
08-07-2011, 01:39 PM
How about some Shade? Here is FL there is no way I can smoke without it. Maybe a portable tent? Just a thought.

It looks real nice!:thumb:

Grillman
08-07-2011, 01:44 PM
You might find some idea in this thread that will help you.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108239

Jason TQ
08-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Looks great :thumb: A good work area would be great. You could definitely use some more cookers :becky: You could even go crazy and run a water line and have a simple outdoor sink setup.

Yes more cookers definitely. Sink is a great idea. That might be a little out of my realm as well :-P. I am keeping my eye out for a cheap one touch gold.

Jason TQ
08-07-2011, 01:56 PM
How about some Shade? Here is FL there is no way I can smoke without it. Maybe a portable tent? Just a thought.

It looks real nice!:thumb:

That will probably be one of the first things that gets added. Hotter than hell here in GA too :-P. Looking for a decent gazebo/canopy that is more permanent. I do have a 10x10 popup for now, but want something a little nicer.

boogiesnap
08-07-2011, 02:36 PM
i'd move them away from the wood fence. maybe across to the other side or next to the garden bed.

great to have a dedicated space though for sure! congrats!

martyleach
08-07-2011, 02:44 PM
How about one of those stainless prep tables from Costco. I paid $99 for it and it has been great. You're definitely going to want shade too.

landarc
08-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Hot tub would be nice. And a small beer fridge. :becky:

caseydog
08-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Nice foundation for an outdoor BBQ shack. :thumb:

Some shade and a few chairs would be my first additions.

Then, some nice shrubs around the edges, and some stepping stones to get to and from it when the ground is wet.

CD

Mufasa
08-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Looks real nice. There is nothing like having a dedicated space.

Boshizzle
08-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Looking good, bro, congrats!

posey's_pork_pit
08-07-2011, 04:41 PM
That will probably be one of the first things that gets added. Hotter than hell here in GA too :-P. Looking for a decent gazebo/canopy that is more permanent. I do have a 10x10 popup for now, but want something a little nicer.

I did something very similar and I'm using a canopy I purchased from Northern Tool. It's 10 x 20 (carport size) and provides ample shade ~ keeps most stuff out of the rain as well. Oh, I bought it when it was on sale for $89.00. It has survived every t-storm we've had this summer. As you know, we've had a few! :becky:

bigabyte
08-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Nice setup!:cool:

I've been considering doing something similar myself, maybe even covered (like the gazebo you mentioned).

Jason TQ
08-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Hot tub would be nice. And a small beer fridge. :becky:

Yes I shall add those to the list.

Jason TQ
08-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Nice foundation for an outdoor BBQ shack. :thumb:

Some shade and a few chairs would be my first additions.

Then, some nice shrubs around the edges, and some stepping stones to get to and from it when the ground is wet.

CD

Good idea with the stepping stones. Thanks.

Jason TQ
08-07-2011, 06:31 PM
How about one of those stainless prep tables from Costco. I paid $99 for it and it has been great. You're definitely going to want shade too.

Hopefully I'll have shade this week. Thanks for the table tip.