PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find Amesphos

lcbbq
08-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I came across a couple injections I want to try that both call for Amesphos. I had never heard of it before and am having a very hard time finding it. Living in Kansas City, I thought I would be able to find it at a local BBQ store but no luck. Does anyone know of places that carry it beside going online?

azken
08-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Courtesy of Google: http://www.theingredientstore.com/generalstore/product_details/2010.htm

gtr
08-01-2011, 10:06 AM
You may need to go online for it. I live in a huge city (well, a small town surrounded by a huge city), there's lots of specialty stores here and you can pretty much get whatever you want - and I still couldn't find any around here for a sausage recipe.

lcbbq
08-01-2011, 10:26 AM
The Ingredient Store is the only place I have been able to find it, but wanted to avoid the $8/shipping if I could. But thanks for the responses, I guess I will have to bite the bullet and get it ordered.

chad
08-01-2011, 11:11 AM
It's also called "sausage phospate". As you've discovered, it's an additive to help retain moisture. It's part of that "10% added..." in "enhanced ribs, pork, etc. And, The Ingredient Store is one of the few places you can find it without a lot of hassle.

azken
08-01-2011, 11:53 AM
"...find it without a lot of hassle".

Does it come with a MSDS? :shock:

colonel00
08-01-2011, 12:00 PM
"...find it without a lot of hassle".

Does it come with a MSDS? :shock:

Might put you on a gubment watch list too :shock:

Bill Ames
01-06-2013, 08:38 PM
AmesPhos is a trademarked, custom phosphate blend sold in our online store. You won't find it anywhere else.

I know the moderators don't like product plugs, and I know this is an old post, but I thought I should clear up the confusion. There seems to be a lot of bad information out there about this product.

Let me know if you have any questions!