PDA

View Full Version : Brisket! BrisketBrisketBrisketBrisket BRISKET!!!

Ron_L
04-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Ya know... Like the dog who thinks the dog treats are bacon?!? :lol:

When I went to the butcher shop a couple of weeks ago, I bought a cryovac'd flat. I cooked it this weekend. I started out yesterday afternoon by rubbing it liberally with Wizard's BBQ Kickin' Beef Rub. I let it sit overnight in the 'fridge. the flat had been over-trimmed, and didn't have a lot of fat, so i decided to try injecting it. Last night I took a can of fat free, low sodium beef broth, added a couple of tablespoons of rub and a clove of garlic and brought them to a simmer. I then strained it and let it sit in the 'fridge overnight. In the morning, I took the brisket and liquid out of the fridge while preheating the Cookshack. I injected the brisket with the broth mixture and put it in the Cookshack with some White Oak. I cooked it at 225 until the internal temp was 190, foiled, toweled and coolered for an hour. When I sliced it, it was nice an moist, and had a great flavor. The Wizard's rub had a nice heat to it.

I took some Blues Hog sauce and thinned it with some of the broth mixture and heated that and served the brisket with that sauce on the side. I also made some hash browns and our Kentucky Fried Chicken knock-off cole slaw recipe, but used fat free mayo and Splenda.

Every time I cook, I learn something and the results get better. This was the best brisket I've made so far.

The_Kapn
04-03-2005, 09:23 PM
DAMN- now I am hungry for a late night snack :twisted:
Sure am glad we are not competing with you--sounds like a winner!
TIM

Graytwhyte
04-04-2005, 08:01 PM
I'd be interested in that KFC knock-off if you're willing to share. PM me if you are. Thanks, TIM.

Neil
04-05-2005, 03:43 AM
Brisket, mmmmmmmmmmmm, must cook a brisket soon.

Ron_L
04-05-2005, 08:18 PM
I'd be interested in that KFC knock-off if you're willing to share. PM me if you are. Thanks, TIM.

No problem, Tim.... The recipe we started with is here...

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipes/kfcslaw.htm

Then we use cider vinegar instead of white vinegar, add in a teaspoon of cerlery seed and some chopped tart apple.

...ron

Graytwhyte
04-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks Ron!