PDA

View Full Version : Conversion NG to LP

Oldskull
07-22-2011, 12:30 AM
I have a gasser that has sentimental value and would like to convert it from Natural Gas to propane. I don't really care what it costs really. What is involved? I see conversions for LP to NG but not vice versa, I assume I need to replace the burners, is there more?

thanks Gary

Johnny_Crunch
07-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Depends on the brand and if they offer the parts. Who makes it and can you get parts for it? You will have to change orifices most likely if the particular grill is capable of it. Cheaper grills can't be switched without replacing the entire fuel rail and that is if they offered it both ways originally.

Oldskull
07-22-2011, 12:47 AM
I'll have to take a look and see. Are the fuel rails and burners two different things?

Johnny_Crunch
07-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Yes. I call them fuel rails but they may have a different name but it's function is to carry the fuel and distribute it to the burner.

WL.
07-22-2011, 07:33 AM
I converted one of my LP smokers to natural gas. I looked at the kit that was sold to do it and the only difference was the NG nipple was slightly larger in diameter as compared to the one for the one for the LP. I simply drilled the LP nipple out and it works fine. As far as the hose, you should be able to get all of your connections at Home Depot or Lowes to connect to the hose of a LP tank. Dont know if that helped, but good luck. It can be done.