PDA

View Full Version : Question about BGE on CL

tasterner
07-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Came across this on CL:

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/app/2504772641.html

Don't know anything about BGE's, but I was wondering if you guys could tell me if there's anything I should look for or be concerned about in buying a used BGE. Of course I would think any cracks would be a major red flag, but is there anything else? Thanks for your help!

chambersuac
07-21-2011, 10:40 AM
If it's in good shape - with all the extras, then it's a good deal. Watch out for cracks in the firebox. Make sure the band that holds on the lid it on tight. IT should have a spring-assist lid. Make sure the top-dual-position lid is not rusted shut (although that's pretty minor). That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure other Eggheads will pop in. I'd call on it now/or email and set up a time to check it out if it's still available.

Ron_L
07-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Look at all of the ceramic pieces, especially the fire box and ring inside for signs of cracking. Look over the outside for chips or cracks. Look at the gasket. Take a dollar bill and put it on the rim on the lower portion and close the lid and when you pull the bill there should be resistance. If is slides out easily at any point then you will probably want to replace the gasket. This is easy to do and is not a reason to not buy it, but it givers you a negotiation point :).

BTW, around here that Egg wouldn't last 5 minutes at the price, so if you think you want it, run, don't walk to make sure that no one else buys it. If it is in good condition it is a steal!

Smoker101
07-21-2011, 10:54 AM
i just might go get that..i am 40 min from there. hahaha

tasterner
07-21-2011, 11:02 AM
i just might go get that..i am 40 min from there. hahaha

You have my permission to get it lol. I have to clear it with the Mrs. first anyway. Rather see a Brethren get it if I can't.

zwylde1
07-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Got ya beat...20 min from my house....if I only had a extra $495 around!

Smoker101
07-21-2011, 11:36 AM
lol....i have been looking for one of these for sometime now but i am just not sure what i want to do. i think i want to start small with my other toys before i make the big jump. the only thing is there is no warranty with getting a used egg.

thillin
07-21-2011, 12:23 PM
i wouldn't think twice at that price with everything they have with it,

Ron_L
07-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Will one of you guys go buy it already!?!? Worst case you can flip it and make some $$$

Jaskew82
07-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Youbetter hurry up, I am very tempted to go get that.

Pyle's BBQ
07-21-2011, 02:28 PM
lol....i have been looking for one of these for sometime now but i am just not sure what i want to do. i think i want to start small with my other toys before i make the big jump. the only thing is there is no warranty with getting a used egg.

Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump!

Smoker101
07-21-2011, 02:32 PM
i have to stall on the buy. i just found out that my wife told me to buy a weber performer and a iq110. i am not going to complain.