PDA

View Full Version : Easy Entertainng with Michael Chiarello

Ron_L
03-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Any one see this show on Food Network today? He was having a Q competition with another chef. The other chef supposedly grew up un Nawlins and "knew" barbecue. He took his ribs, rubbed them, and the put them in beer to simmer for 20 minutes. Then he cooked them "low and slow" for 2 hours.

chad
03-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Boiled is boiled! :twisted:

If you can't get 'em tender without boiling - you don't know ****! :D

Now brined in beer brine is a definate possiblity but that will change the taste and the texture of the meat, too.

parrothead
03-26-2005, 01:22 PM
This same conversation is going on in woodpile right now. I put it there cause it sure isn't q-talk

Ron_L
03-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Oops... Sorry... You can blow this thread away...

BigBelly
03-28-2005, 10:18 AM
LOL - boiled ribs spells eminent DOOM!!!

The_Kapn
04-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Just watched this, finally.
Almost a total waste of time :twisted:

I did not know you could screw up ribs in 2 different ways and get a TV show out of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, Paula Dean did some Brisket an hour earlier. Actually got close to the real thing :oops:
If she had not soaked the wood chunks first and got all of that "wonderful" white smoke, her brisket might have been really good.
But, it was a black creosote looking thing that appeared to be tough when she sliced it. She cooked a 12# or so packer in 6 hours!
But, she was still closer to real Que than the RIBBIE DUDES :lol:

One of us needs to hire on to the Food Network as a SME (subject matter expert) like all the News networks and movie producers use.
Maybe some of the "crap" that passes for BBQ might get cleaned up :twisted:

Oh yeah, I am back from Brave's Spring Training--so y'all get to put up with my stuff again!

TIM

chad
04-01-2005, 07:05 PM
And Paula was using a ECB!! :D

BrooklynQ
04-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Paula Dean is Hot!