PDA

View Full Version : Brinkmann Eubs

tamadrummer
07-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Hello all, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the flavor of a rub that I never ever thought would be worth the taste on my finger.

I found a bottle of the Brinkmann Smokeshop "Fried Turkey Rub n' Spice" in my pantry. It came free with the fryer my father gave me years ago.

I opened it up today with no expectations other than a total fail. Well much to my surprise, the flavor right out of the bottle is fantastic! Great lemon aftertaste with garlic and sweetness on the front.

I am actually going to see if I can find some of the other Brinkmann rubs.

BTW I did some grilled boneless skinless (yes I know but that is what we have) breasts on the Smoky Joe rubbed with this and used a chimney of JD charcoal and 1 chunk of cherry. Great stuff!!

Callahan-que
07-14-2011, 11:54 PM
I think you'll have to order it from Brinkmann. I've never seen their rubbs in any stores.

tamadrummer
07-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah I have not seen it either but if I do I will not hesitate to grab it. I am also in love with the McCormick's rubs in the little jars. I am smoking a butt this weekend and will be using their pork rub with apple juice and cider vinegar injection. Excitement abounds....:)

Big Sexy
07-15-2011, 12:00 AM
My first job out of college was doing marketing for Brinkmann. That Fried Turkey rub would be on back order half the year. The poeple who bought it, swore by it... and they bought a lot.

I have one bottle in my spice rack, I still havent tried...
(I forgot I had it until I just read this)