PDA

View Full Version : 55 gal drums from Ditty Container

gambler
07-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Hello all, I originally posted the info on Ditty Containers in San Gabriel Valley. I've been doing some more research since I've made my two purchases there and posted the info on this place. Their open head drums only come refurbished. They have been burned out to clean and sanitize them, but they coat it with an rust inhibitor immediately afterwards. You will have to then re-burn to get this out. They don't stock brand new never before used open head drums but they can order them for around $76.00. I would just go with that option if you want an OPEN head drum. Otherwise, you can purchase a brand new never before used closed head drum that they do stock and can pick up and take home with you that day. It costs $66.00. There are post here on this forum on how to remove the top of the closed head drum. And the best thing about the closed head drum is that a 22.5" Weber Kettle lid will fit perfectly on it. As opposed to the open head drum which measures 23.5" in diameter. Just one inch too big. And the inside of the brand new drums look like a polished keg!

Carbon
07-13-2011, 08:44 PM
And the inside of the brand new drums look like a polished keg!But I wonder if it still requires a burnout...
Regardless, if my dome lid fits, I'll get this. I don't mind paying $66 for the drum as I have most other components to the build already on hand.