PDA

View Full Version : 26.75 otg ?

Novass
07-11-2011, 09:48 PM
just got my new 26.75 ogt today, and have a question about how accurate the dome thermometer is?

Zin
07-11-2011, 11:45 PM
The therm on my 26er is 10 degrees off, checked in boiling water only got up to 202, have not checked in ice water.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
07-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Generally speaking, most of the Weber dome thermometers read low from what other Brethren report. That is the case on both of my Performers.

Novass
07-12-2011, 09:48 AM
thanks guys, i will check it in boiling water today while i put the rest of it together.

Wampus
07-12-2011, 02:08 PM
I don't have the 26.5, but on my 22.5 Performer, I've found that the grate temp is not the same as the lid thermo temp. I'm just saying that because even if you do the water test for your lid thermo, it still may not give you an accurate temp at grate level.

I'd do a check with a remote thermo or even a cheap oven thermo just to check the difference then you can just do the math based on your lid thermo.

PatioDaddio
07-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Don't forget to correct for barometric pressure and elevation when calibrating
a thermometer in boiling water. The boiling point decreases 1.8* for every
1000 feet in elevation above sea level.

Or, to be uber-accurate, get your actual barometric pressure and use
this calculator (http://www.thermoworks.com/software/bpcalc.html).

John

Novass
07-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Well it doesn't matter right now because ups strikes again. Went to put it together is morning and the handle on the lower kettle was smashed all to the base. Hd customer service was great, but still have to wait another week, and have to take the damaged one to the store and get a refund on that one.

Baby Back Maniac
07-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Well it doesn't matter right now because ups strikes again. Went to put it together is morning and the handle on the lower kettle was smashed all to the base. Hd customer service was great, but still have to wait another week, and have to take the damaged one to the store and get a refund on that one.

Weber won't cover it?

Crazy Harry
07-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Weber won't cover it?
shipping damage is covered by the carrier

Callahan-que
07-12-2011, 09:10 PM

That's a real bummer. I hate it when chit like that happens. But good to hear that HD customer service is good.