PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday afternoon brisket

chad
03-22-2005, 03:38 PM
I've got three small flats working in the WSM right now. I'll finish them off this evening and probably slice and sauce the meat. That way I can chill it and take it to him tomorrow morning ready to reheat at his convenience.

A co-worker's dad died over the weekend and he asked me to cook some meat for the wake tomorrow.

Sad reason to cook but cooking on a nice FL spring afternoon is always in good taste!

Jorge
03-22-2005, 05:02 PM
You're a good man. I'm sure you'll give people a few smiles with some quality Q. :D

Solidkick
03-22-2005, 05:50 PM
You're a good man. I'm sure you'll give people a few smiles with some quality Q. :D

No doubt! The wife and I have been known to do the same thing, DF.
Nice thought!

chad
03-23-2005, 10:17 AM
I delivered the brisket this morning. I finished up about 12:30 AM when I sliced the meat and panned it up - I'd made the sauce a bit earlier.

The WSM did it's thing for almost 8 hours - I gently stirred the coals a couple of times but it spent most of the eveing between 230-240.

The flats cooktimes varied from about 4.5 hour for the 3.50 pounder to 7.5 hours for the 5.25 pounder. As each got tot about 165 I foiled and put back in the heat. At about 190 I removed each on and put in the oven in the kitchen to stay warm until they were all done.

After saucing I covered the pans and chilled them so I could take it to him cold - with the sauce already on the meat and the foil pan it'll be easy to reheat and serve.

I'm hoping John's family and friends enjoy it today.

BrooklynQ
03-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Good job Dave. I'm sure John's family will appreciate it.

brucesieg
03-23-2005, 10:33 AM
very nice, but your making us new yorkers jealous of the beautiful florida weather

BBQchef33
03-23-2005, 11:23 AM
very nice, but your making us new yorkers jealous of the beautiful florida weather

Bulldinkie..

Some of us NY'ers cook all year round instead of chasing down llamas and ducking fallin leaves.... Even the REALLY big ones. :)

Welcome Brucesieg, go to cattle call and introduce yourself. :mrgreen: