PDA

View Full Version : New Contest: Great American Barbeque (Kansas City, Kansas)

Jeff_in_KC
03-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Was just informed of a new BBQ contest on the Kansas side of the KC area. It's called the Great American Barbeque and will take place at the Woodlands Greyhound Racing Track. Contest Festival is to be during Memorial Day weekend this year and is sponsored by the Kansas City BBQ Society. I have uploaded the 12 page PDF file to the Files section under Misc. Files and also attached it here. It contains all the contest rules, schedules, costs, etc. I would be interested myself but a family reunion that weekend prohibits my involvement. Hopefully some of you can enter and kick some butt for the brethren!

BBQchef33
03-22-2005, 12:15 PM
i do believe this is the old "American Royal" folks that splintered off to start their own due some issues withing the AR.

Just a tidbit of useless info. :)

Jeff_in_KC
03-22-2005, 12:25 PM
I got the impression they want to make this a more family oriented event in just reading the rules. Afterall, they'll disqualify you for drunkenness and quiet hours are from 11pm to 7am! WTF??? It seems they don't want the wildness that takes place at the Royal "after hours".

Arlin_MacRae
03-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Doesn't sound like much FUN!

chad
03-22-2005, 03:11 PM
That's in the rules for all KCBS and FBA events.

jminion
03-22-2005, 10:11 PM
The Royal is not sanctioned by KCBS but they run the officating and scoring, that means the Royal is a party. If your looking for sleep the Royal is not the place to be. There is an award for best party taken this last year by VooDoo BBQ both east and west chapters.