PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me Brethren for I have sinned.

brewerjamie15
07-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I kind of screwed up here folks. I'm not so sure it's really a problem, this is an issue that has come up from a "rehab" thread. My Weber Performer is a few years old now and the inside of the lid is built up with quite a bit of carbon. Honestly, I never thought about this as an issue before. Ever since I was a kid my dad never really cleaned the grill lid. Someplace on the site someone made a thread asking about flavor being effected by grime in the grill.
the bowl is clean, the grates are good to go. The inside of the lid is pretty caked with carbon though and it has not flaked off or come off easily with a brush, or grill cleaner.
Is this a problem? Should I just leave it? Is it best to finally get that stuff off somehow and then keeps some food oil on the inner part of the lid? Dumb questions most likely, but I have them stuck in my head and want them outta there.
thanks peeps.

Boshizzle
07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
If it's not falling off in your food and doesn't smell rancide, I'd say leave it there.

Jaskew82
07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
you can leave it it or not, up to you. Once it starts falling off - take a some foil, ball it up and scrap it off. Then blows out and loose particles.

bigabyte
07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
^^^That. I've had the same thing before. After a while it starts to peel off and that's when you nab it.