PDA

View Full Version : Chuckie ?

NOHENS
07-06-2011, 06:22 PM
O.k. Chuckie cooker guys..I have read all kinds of GREAT information on here...THANKS! Now...when you foil at 160 do you stick your probe in the top of the foil to know when you hit 195? Sorry for the stupid question but I don't want to keep taking the lid off?

BigButzBBQ
07-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Yep, just shove it right through the foil. :thumb:

The_Kapn
07-06-2011, 06:25 PM

What he says!

Works wonderful.

TIM

deguerre
07-06-2011, 06:26 PM

What he says!

Works wonderful.

TIM

What they both said. Save them juices!

gtr
07-06-2011, 06:30 PM
then let it rest, throw some on a piece of white bread with some juices - that's livin!

NOHENS
07-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Gotchee! Thanks fellers!

DaveMW
07-06-2011, 06:48 PM
What they all said.

I have to tell you the first time I tried a chuckie in the smoker I wanted to slice it like a brisket and had very low expectations. The finished product was incredible. I try to find time to throw one in on a regular basis now. The (approx.) 4# chuckies do the best IMHO. good luck and post pron!

bigabyte
07-06-2011, 06:51 PM
SHOVE IT!:becky: I mean that in a helpful way.:becky:

LMAJ
07-06-2011, 07:01 PM
I don't foil my chuckies, but if I did.... then straight through the foil!

NOHENS
07-06-2011, 07:05 PM
One more question.....there is no bone right? I guess 2 more....and...foil tight or in pan covered?

Bbq Bubba
07-06-2011, 07:40 PM
A bit o advice, if you want it pull able, you'll be looking in the 205-215 range. :thumb:

kcmike
07-07-2011, 12:33 AM
O.k. Chuckie cooker guys..I have read all kinds of GREAT information on here...THANKS! Now...when you foil at 160 do you stick your probe in the top of the foil to know when you hit 195? Sorry for the stupid question but I don't want to keep taking the lid off?

I don't bother sticking the probe in through the foil. Once you wrap them, they'll be done in another 1 - 2 hours. Almost like clockwork. So, wrap them and wait one hour. Gently unwrap, and probe. If it's done, pull it, if not give it another half-hour and check it again. If it's still not done, give it one more half-hour. When I probe them, I'm not so concerned with what temp they're at. Instead, I'm looking for how they feel. You can't test feel if you just leave the probe in the meat.

One more question.....there is no bone right? I guess 2 more....and...foil tight or in pan covered?

Many times there are bones, sometimes there isn't.

I loosely wrap mine in two layers of HD alum. foil. Tight enough to catch all the juices, but loose enough to let a bit of steam escape... definitely not air tight.

Here's a post I did recently on this subject of chuckies...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110274

Hope this helps.