PDA

View Full Version : 2 free Weber grills in Austin TX - Posted on CL

Smiter Q
07-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Just saw this posting for anyone in the Austin area that needs a Weber.
I am pretty content with my recent acquisition, so thought I would post this for the Brethren.
This is NOT my ad. They are in south Austin.

http://austin.craigslist.org/zip/2479583088.html

colonel00
07-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Uh, free!!!! No amount of contentment should shy you away from free. Go Go Go

Smiter Q
07-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Uh, free!!!! No amount of contentment should shy you away from free. Go Go Go

I know.. and AGREE! Sadly though I am tied up north today, and time I get there prob gone.. so I thought I would possibly assist another Brethren if I could. :-D

CenTech
07-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Dang. A weekend too late. I'm in Dallas but was in Hutto last week. Had found a guy getting rid of his 22.5 kettle for 20 bucks. I emailed to ask if it was still available, and told him that if it was I'd like to come buy it. He said it was. I emailed him back and said I could come by any time to pick it up. He replies that somebody's supposed to be by in an hour to get it, so just call before I come. What the heck?

colonel00
07-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Dang. A weekend too late. I'm in Dallas but was in Hutto last week. Had found a guy getting rid of his 22.5 kettle for 20 bucks. I emailed to ask if it was still available, and told him that if it was I'd like to come buy it. He said it was. I emailed him back and said I could come by any time to pick it up. He replies that somebody's supposed to be by in an hour to get it, so just call before I come. What the heck?

Yeah, some people are just plain flaky when it comes to selling stuff on CL. I understand that people don't want to get scammed and money in hand is a winner but c'mon. I had a guy selling a legit OK Joe offset about 150 miles from me. We had talked for over a week and I had committed to buy it. It was just a matter of working out arrangements to get it picked up. I rearranged schedules and had a truck heading that direction with a delivery just to be able to pick up the smoker. The day before dude calls and says "someone stopped by and bought it, sorry". :tsk: