PDA

View Full Version : 16 hour Butts!!(left over questions also)

jv_stl
07-03-2011, 08:01 PM
I did two 9# butts on UDS for sixteen hours and then placeed in cooler for 2.5 hours. One of the Butts was for me another was for a buddy who has not expericend my new found talents and toy!!!

I took my out of cooler placed on cutting board and pressed with down with large fork and shredded on its own. I made a litte N.C. BBQ sauce and mixed it with some Blues Hog to serve on top for sammies.

I think my buddy has sent seraval texts saying he can't believe what he just ate!!

I think I would like to make some tamales with the left overs. I will do a search for some recipes, but any most dos or tips ? Do you think this could be made and froze.

Has any one used the left over pork for a Gumbo? I was thinking of smoking a sausge and I also have some frozen smoked chicken left overs. I would love to make some gumbo with all of it for the week.

bigabyte
07-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Leftover pork can be used for just about anything. You are only limited by your imagination. Tamales are a great start. You can also do chili, nachos, pizza, on and on, I'll let others fill in some more blanks. You're about to get a LOT of ideas.

Ron_L
07-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Pulled pork enchiladas!

ganso
07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
My sons all time favorite thing to do with pulled pork it heat it up in a pan and then mix about 5 scrambled eggs into it for his breakfast. Have to say it is pretty good.

Smiter Q
07-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Just made pulled pork quesadillas tonight, quick and EASY. Balances out the 9 hours it took to make the pork! :cool:
Butter a fresh tortilla lay it down in a pan... put some mexicheese on it, pork, more cheese, another tortilla, flip when starting to brown, cook other side till same. Yummm.

tjus77
07-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Just made pulled pork quesadillas tonight, quick and EASY. Balances out the 9 hours it took to make the pork! :cool:
Butter a fresh tortilla lay it down in a pan... put some mexicheese on it, pork, more cheese, another tortilla, flip when starting to brown, cook other side till same. Yummm.

my fav:clap2: