PDA

View Full Version : 3 PM - The very first BBQ-Brethren Team Event

chad
07-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Travel Channel is re-running the All American Festival Series that was on Food Network a few hears ago.

At 3 PM (Eastern) is THE first major event BBQ-Brethren Team ever cooked. GuitarBQue at Asbury Park, NJ, back in 2005.

It was produced by Arlie Bragg.

We took, I believe 3rd overall. It'll be fun to look at the faces of the cooks we competed against - believe me, you will recognize a few of them!

Igotgas
07-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Sweet! The dvr is set. Not that I would recognize anyone cause I am a west coast nooobie but I still want to see.:becky:

Westexbbq
07-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Heard about this one, dvr set, hope we get it.
thanks,

chad
07-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Man, that brought back some memories.

First time out for BBQ-Brethren against KCBS judges and some tough competition. We barely knew who Jack McDavid was and Butch was just a hoot!

Butch DQ'd on brisket by being LATE to turn-in.

Phil (Poobah), Rob, and I cooked. Sharon and the kids hung out and Sharon was runner. She almost took her own head off when she ran into the string holding up one of the banners on the tent!! Didn't drop the box, though. A real trooper!!

Westexbbq
07-03-2011, 11:04 AM
It was fun seeing lots of familiar folks, Murray and the Mulhanes, KCBS reps, Rich D. of Lost Nation, Arlie, and others including some dude with a flaming brethren hat........