PDA

View Full Version : Long Islanders!

Queensnewbie
06-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Hey all fellow Long Islanders !

Just had a question, is there anywhere on the Island besides a butcher you find to be a good spot to get brisket at? any suggestions?

RJSkypala
06-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Try one of the Restaurant Depot locations, they have whole briskets for a little over $2 a pound. I think there is one near you.

Jaskew82
06-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Try one of the Restaurant Depot locations, they have whole briskets for a little over $2 a pound. I think there is one near you.

To get membership you need to be tax exempt or show proof of reseller's permit.

Warthog
06-24-2011, 01:09 PM
To get membership you need to be tax exempt or show proof of reseller's permit.
KCBS members get free pass to RD.

Retired RailRoader
06-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Western Beef in Maspeth and Mineola should carry them. Guinta's meat farms has also started to carry packer briskets. They are more expensive then Restaurent Depot though.

hav
06-25-2011, 08:52 AM
BJ's you have to ask the butcher for a full Packer...

MilitantSquatter
06-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Can also try Main Street Meats in Farmingdale.

http://www.mainstreetmeats.com/

Sledneck
06-25-2011, 08:55 AM
You go to the desk at rest depot and ask for a one day pass, you don't need tax id or anything. You gotta pay cash only with the one day pass. Thet don't keep track even though you sign a book, so you can do it multiple times. I did this for 2 years before I actually got a card. If u do have a tax Id for a business u can register it. The business does not have to be food related, just state on the application that you are doing ctering

speedrcer1
06-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Another Pequa Smoker! Great to see ya!
Restaurant Depot (RD as we call it) has great big packers, and I recommend them. PM me and I'll let you know next time I go and you can come along.

mfreeman73
08-25-2011, 10:02 AM
I went to Restaurant Depot today (In Farmingdale) and just about couldn't get in the door. They asked which KCBS I was with and the address for it. I said it was a national organization and I showed my membership card. She said the address on the membership card was not one of the ones in the computer. She had to call up to the office and they reluctantly let me in the door. Is this how it is going to be every time I try to go?

DirtyDirty00
08-25-2011, 11:17 AM
I went to Restaurant Depot today (In Farmingdale) and just about couldn't get in the door. They asked which KCBS I was with and the address for it. I said it was a national organization and I showed my membership card. She said the address on the membership card was not one of the ones in the computer. She had to call up to the office and they reluctantly let me in the door. Is this how it is going to be every time I try to go?

the lady at my RD in mount vernon, ny didnt even look at my KCBS card or my ID. she just glanced at the paper i had printed and asked "one day pass?" i said yup and she filled it out. easy as pie.

DirtyDirty00
08-25-2011, 11:18 AM
You gotta pay cash only with the one day pass.

i used my american express with my one day pass

mfreeman73
08-25-2011, 01:04 PM
I just saw on the KCBS website where you can print out the page. Maybe that will help me get past the front desk person a little easier next time.

DirtyDirty00
08-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I just saw on the KCBS website where you can print out the page. Maybe that will help me get past the front desk person a little easier next time.

Ya I don't print whole page. Right click the RD coupon pic and click 'view pic' and u can just print out the coupon. Saves some paper and ink. It'll also get u by those pesky people easier as well

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk