PDA

View Full Version : Pitmaster T Video Series - Hot RIBS - ǝɔuǝıɹǝdxǝ ǝʇɐɯıʇln ǝɥʇ - RIBS Fast

Pitmaster T
06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
˙ɹoʌɐlɟɟo sʇol ɥʇıʍ qıɹʎɔınɾʎʞɹɐq pooƃɐɹoɟǝʞɐɯ puɐ sqıɹǝɥʇɟɟo ɥsıuıɟʎlʇuǝƃ 'uı ʞɔɐq ǝɔınɾʇɐɥʇʍɐɹp llıʍƃuılooɔ lɐnpɐɹƃ sıɥʇ ˙ǝɯıʇɐɹoɟʇıd ǝɥʇɟo ʇno puɐ uı ƃuıʇʇǝƃɹıɐǝɥʇ llɐɟɟo ƃuıʇʇnɥs ʎq ʇuǝɯuoɹıʌuǝʎǝʞoɯs ʇɐɥʇ uı sqıɹǝsoɥʇ dɐɹʇ oʇƃuıoƃǝɹɐǝʍǝsnɐɔǝq sı ʎɥʍ uosɐǝɹǝɥʇ ˙lɐıɹǝʇɐɯ pǝuɹnqun ou puɐ slɐoɔʎlʇsoɯ sı ǝɹıɟɹno ǝɹns ǝq oʇ pǝǝu ǝʍƃuıdǝǝʍʎllnɟ sqıɹǝɥʇǝʌɐɥǝʍǝɯıʇǝɥʇǝɹoɟǝq ʇɥƃıɹ ˙…os ˙ǝɯıʇǝsıɔǝɹd ɐʇɐ uı ʞɔɐq uʍɐɹp sı ʎǝuoɥƃıd ǝɥʇǝɹns ǝʞɐɯ oʇ pǝǝu oslɐǝʍ ˙ʇǝƃ uɐɔǝʍ sɐɥɔnɯ sɐǝʌɹǝsǝɹd oʇ pǝǝu ǝʍ os lıoɟ uı ƃuıddɐɹʍʇou ǝɹɐǝʍ sɐʎǝuoɥʇɐɥʇǝsol oʇʇuɐʍʇ’uop ǝʍ

˙ʇno ʎǝuoɥƃıd ɹıǝɥʇ dǝǝʍ oʇ uıƃǝq ʎǝɥʇʇuıod ʇɐɥʇʇıɥ sqıɹ uǝɥʍ ˙033 uɐɥʇɹǝɥƃıɥ ou puɐ 062 ǝʌoqɐɟo dɯǝʇǝsnoɥɐ s’ʇı ǝsɐɔʎɯ uı os 'uɐɔ noʎ sɐʎlʇuǝıɔıɟɟǝ puɐʇsɐɟ sɐ sǝǝɹƃǝp 071 oʇ dɯǝʇ qıɹɹnoʎ dn ƃuıƃuıɹq sǝɹınbǝɹ ssǝɔoɹd sıɥʇ ˙ssǝɔoɹd ʞɔınb ǝɥʇʇuǝɯıldɯoɔ puɐʇuǝɯƃnɐ oʇ pǝʞɐǝʍʇ uǝǝq sɐɥ qnɹǝɥʇ ˙ǝsıɔǝɹd ǝq ʇou ʎɐɯ sƃuıɥʇ os ǝuo ǝƃɹɐl ɹǝɥʇɐɹɐ 'ɹǝʞoɯs pooʍ llɐ uɐɹoɟ pǝzıɯıʇdo sı sıɥʇ

˙noʎɥʇıʍǝnbıuɥɔǝʇ sıɥʇǝɹɐɥs uɐɔ ı ʇɐɥʇʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐʇsǝɥƃıɥ sıɥɯoɹɟʇı ǝʌɐɥ ı os ˙ɐʇsıs ’oʎɹo ɐɯɯɐɯ ’oʎʎlqɐqoɹd sı uʍoʇ oʇǝɯoɔǝɥ uǝɥʍ uo zʇıɹds ɐuuoƃ sı ǝɥƃuıɥʇʎluo ǝɥʇ puɐǝɯıʇǝɥʇ llɐʞɔǝɥɔ 'doɯ 'sƃuɐɥʇ dɐɹʍ oʇǝɯıʇ ou ʇoƃʇ’uıɐʎppɐpdod ˙uʍoʇ oʇ uʍoʇ lǝʌɐɹʇ noʎ uǝɥʍ pɐoɹǝɥʇ uo spɹɐzɐɥǝʌɐɥ uɐɔǝɯıʇǝɥʇ llɐ uoıʇɔnpǝs ɟo uɐʇlns ǝɥʇƃuıǝq

˙sı ʇı ǝɹǝɥ os puɐ sqıɹʇsɐɟ puɐʇoɥʇnoqɐʞʍɐnbs ǝɯ uǝǝs ǝʌɐɥ noʎ

˙ʞunɟǝɥʇʇnoqɐʞlɐʇ uɐɔǝʍʍou puɐ llɐɥǝɥʇ pǝʇıxǝǝʌɐɥ ssǝlʞunɟ uǝɹɥʇǝɹq ɹno uoıʇɔnpoɹʇuı ǝɥʇɥʇıʍʇɐɥʇʞuıɥʇ ı llǝʍ

(http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=34671)

¡uʍoɹq sǝɯɐɾ – ǝuo ɹǝqɯnu ɐɥʇnɹq lnos puɐ plɹoʍǝɥʇɟo ɹǝpuoʍɥʇ8 ǝɥʇ 'lnos ɟo ɹǝɥʇɐɟ poƃǝɥʇ 'ǝʇıɯɐuʎp ˙ɹɯ 'ssǝupıq ʍoɥs uı uɐɯ ’uıʞɹoʍʇsǝpɹɐɥǝɥʇ 'ʇuǝɯuıɐʇɹǝʇuǝ ˙ɹɯ 'ʇuǝɯǝʇıɔxǝ ˙ɹɯ 'sı ǝɥǝɹǝɥ 'uǝɯǝlʇuǝƃ puɐ sǝıpɐl

Pitmaster T Series - Weep 'em and Read (Success with No Foil High Heat Ribs).wmv (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=89)

(http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=34668)

poɥʇǝɯ qıɹʇsɐɟ puɐʇoɥ - pɐǝɹ puɐɯǝ‘ dǝǝʍʎppɐpdod

Pitmaster T's Weep ‘Em and Read - Hot and Fast Rib Method

Ladies and Gentlemen, here he is, Mr. Excitement, Mr. Entertainment, The Hardest Workin’ Man in Show Bidness, Mr. Dynamite, The God Father of Soul, The 8th Wonder of the World and Soul Brutha Number One –

James Brown!

Well I think that with the Introduction Our Brethren Funkless have Exited the Hall and Now we Can Talk about the Funk.

You have seen me squawk about Hot and Fast Ribs and So here it is.

Being the Sultan of Seduction all the time can have hazards on the road when you travel town to town. Popdaddy never had any time to wrap thangs, mop, check all the time and the only thing he ever spritzed on when he come to town is probably hair spray. So, now that he has departed, I can share this technique with you.

This is optimized for an all wood smoker, a rather large one so things may not be precise. The Rub has been tweaked to augment and compliment the quick process. This process requires bringing up your rib temp to 170 degrees as fast and efficiently as you can, so in my case it’s a house temp of above 260 and no higher than 330. When Ribs hit that point they begin to weep their pig honey out.

We don’t want to lose that honey as we are not wrapping in foil so we need to preserve as much as we can get. We also need to make sure the pig honey is drawn back in at a precise time. So…. Right BEFORE the time we have the ribs fully weeping we need to be sure our fire is mostly coals and no unburned material. The reason why is because we are going to trap those ribs in that Smokey environment by shutting off all the air getting in AND out of the pit for a time. This gradual cooling will draw that juice back in, gently finish off the ribs and make for a good barky juicy rib with lots of flavor.

There are some things we don’t want to do. We do not want to trim the sinew. Sure you can once you try it with it on first, but for now leave it on. At these temps the moisture loss is bigger than the flavor loss. In fact, I really don’t see any flavor loss with the sinew off in this case. In the 3 – 2 – 1 method I do.

We don’t want to do a lot of peeking. We can flip though if we want. But no mopping or spritzing – it lowers the temp of the ribs on their quick rise to the weep stage.

Now in the weeping method we benefit from limited exposure from smoke. These ribs tend to be smoked to a point where your rub and the smoke compliments the meat instead of shadowing it. Basically, foiling reduces the exposure to the smoke and limits drying. But in high temp smoking we smoke so fast nothing gets a chance to dry out – if you’re careful.

The rub is special too. I am using my Popdaddy’s Butt Glitter (which is a low salt ratio Rubb) along with a final Sprinkle of Atomic Dog to raise the Salt level Up and create a great Bark. I have good luck with using the Hit Me Fred too but a thin coating of your favorite flavored mustard will do. THIN! Trying this method with other rubs (especially High Salt ones) can end in failure and disillusionment. Also, letting the ribs sit overnight is not good.

(http://www.youtube.com/user/PopdaddysBBQ#p/u/0/GbBFZstQRUY)

Join the BBQ Brethren Now!!!!!! Insanity loves Company.

jestridge
06-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Don't mess with our ribs!!!!

Pitmaster T
06-23-2011, 10:23 PM
u see the lead in... theres a special insert --- from a special member here... in fact you could say someones member is close to my wife's slot. LOL

deathamphetamine
06-23-2011, 11:24 PM
I just did some high heat ribs, no higher than 325, lower than 275, they turned out fan farkin tastic!:thumb: I'm down with the weep baby!

NorthwestBBQ
06-23-2011, 11:51 PM
There's a video here?

Pitmaster T
06-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Phil is working on it... till then...

Pitmaster T Series - Weep 'em and Read (Success with No Foil High Heat Ribs).wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMDdQ6ZoiKw)

Boshizzle
06-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Jour weeping ribs look hkot hkot hkot!

jason
06-24-2011, 09:47 AM
We don’t want to lose that honey as we are not wrapping in foil so we need to preserve as much as we can get. We also need to make sure the pig honey is drawn back in at a precise time. So…. Right BEFORE the time we have the ribs fully weeping we need to be sure our fire is mostly coals and no unburned material. The reason why is because we are going to trap those ribs in that Smokey environment by shutting off all the air getting in AND out of the pit for a time. This gradual cooling will draw that juice back in, gently finish off the ribs and make for a good barky juicy rib with lots of flavor.

How do you know when you are fully weeping?

There are some things we don’t want to do. We do not want to trim the sinew. Sure you can once you try it with it on first, but for now leave it on.

Is the sinew the membrane on the back of the ribs?

Pitmaster T
06-24-2011, 10:05 AM
How do you know when you are fully weeping?

Is the sinew the membrane on the back of the ribs?

How do you know when a bag of popcorn is cooking at its most intense point in the microwave? Of course you could open the microwave and look but that would slow the popcorn popping right>

Yes the sinew is that. Of course in competition you better remove it either before smoking or before presentation.

---k---
06-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks. Glad to see all the old favorites coming back online.

Bigmista
06-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Loving that Buddy Guy!

Pitmaster T
06-24-2011, 04:50 PM
The companion to this is coming up... the old Dalmatian Flea Powder Video

Pitmaster T
06-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Its Up!

No one still has not noticed the "Mad" little thingy I stuck in the intro.LOL

Pitmaster T
06-25-2011, 02:45 PM
The companion to this is coming up... the old Dalmatian Flea Powder Video

Its Up

Pitmaster T's Quickies Dalmatian Flea Powder for Ribs (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109575)

SmokinAussie
06-25-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm cryin' me a River watchin that... it's soo beautiful!

Cheers!

Bill

Pitmaster T
06-26-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm cryin' me a River watchin that... it's soo beautiful!

Cheers!

Bill

Thanks Bill

Pitmaster T
11-22-2011, 09:25 AM
R U Ready 4 The Laydown?

U got lay it down, and make that funky sound, let me show what I learned from layin in the cut.

Pitmaster T
11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
u need a six string, and make that sucka ring, the funky holy rollers get them people up

R u ready 4 the laydown?

Pitmaster T
11-22-2011, 04:07 PM
r u ready 4 the laydown?

Pitmaster T
06-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Popdaddy's Taco Pack Special - YouTube

Pitmaster T
03-27-2019, 02:07 PM
Wow, dang 8 years ago

Big Andy
03-27-2019, 03:49 PM
Glad to see you are back around as time allows. I just watched your video on the flood damage.
I think we need to chip in and try to help a Brethren out. I am too far away to stop by and lend a hand, but I would gladly send a donation to help buy some supplies.

Pitmaster T
12-18-2019, 03:23 PM
Glad to see you are back around as time allows. I just watched your video on the flood damage.
I think we need to chip in and try to help a Brethren out. I am too far away to stop by and lend a hand, but I would gladly send a donation to help buy some supplies.

yeah - we still have needs. HVAC mostly. PM me if you need to. I have a paypal acct. Thanks