PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the nutmeg state

Big_Jesse
03-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Hello all,

My name is Jesse and im a newbi to Qing. I am very anxious to smoke (and eat) all of the great food you guy's are posting about. Ill be sure to post all my experiences and questions for all you BBQ god's.

-Jesse

Here's a picture of my Weber Genisis Gold C
http://www.bubbascafe.com/~jeepinjesse/bbq/Weber_Grill.jpg

And my Weber Smokey Mountain
http://www.bubbascafe.com/~jeepinjesse/bbq/wsm.jpg

Bill-Chicago
03-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Welcome Jesse

Did you notice a change since yesterday?

Look around.

Most of the references now properly reflect "BBQ-Brethren"

Your post about hesitating to post set off a firestorm of "Oh chit, we need to change that"

We already had people with all sorts of cookers, but your point illustrated the obvious.

Again, welcome Jesse, and welcome to the addiction of the blue smoke

Jorge
03-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Good to have you here Jesse. Look forward to your posts. Lots of good info in the Q-talk forum. Let us know how it goes for you. The only stupid question, is the one you don't ask so don't be bashful. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Solidkick
03-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Welcome! CT makes you a member of the Eastern (Mafia) Chapter. LOL Not quite as good as the MoFo chapter at partying, but they are VERY good at getting their way with things!

Glad you found us, hope you make yourself at home and post often!

midnight
03-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Ok, how many of you came here just to see which state is the Nutmeg state?

Don't tell me I was the only one!

Welcome to the gang.

Ron_L
03-03-2005, 06:53 PM

Welcome to the gang.

I didn't even know we had a nutmeg state! Which one's the mace state?

Anyway, Welcome, Big Jesse!

CosmicCookin
03-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Good to have you here Jesse. I'm realively new here as well but it looks like there a good group of experienced cooks here so if you have any quetions I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers!

In regards to your question in the other thread the WSM is the way to go. Great product, reasonable price, and their website will walk you through most anything.

Heath
03-03-2005, 09:36 PM
No, CT doesn't make him part of the Mafia Chapter, it's part of the Martha Chapter. HeHe

Welcome Jesse, spent a year staitioned up there in Groton. Beautiful state in the spring when all the snow melts. You gots lots of good wood up there for smokin.

BBQchef33
03-03-2005, 10:05 PM
CT? :?

Heath
03-03-2005, 11:01 PM
CT? :?

Connecticut maybe?

jeffsasmokin
03-04-2005, 04:38 AM
Welcome, Jess! Glad you made it over to Cattle Call! Let us know what kind of Cooker you decide on!

kcquer
03-04-2005, 05:50 AM
Jesse, Welcome Brother!! No matter what you cook on, these guys will help you cook better on it, they're the greatest!!

Neil
03-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Glad you made it to Cattle Call. Looking forward to your posts.

Cuelio
03-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Welcome Jesse. One of my brothers has a home in Madison. He lived in New Haven for a while, too.

Bellybro
03-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Welcome!

We do not discriminate on any basis! Cooker types included!!!!!

parrothead
03-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Welcome!

Trout_man22
03-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Welcome

BigBelly
03-04-2005, 01:38 PM

No dude, you are not alone! I too was asking myself now where in the heck is the Nutmeg state? Hell, ya learn something new everyday!

Welcome to the forums brother. One thing you will find out quick is that there is no wrong answers, there is also no such thing as brand loyalty here in regards to cookers, and there is no such thing as a stupid question. We all learn from each other's successes and follies! Heck, now I know were the Nutmeg State is located!

Welcome aboard and enjoy yourself!

Keep us posted on what unit(s) you decided on.

LOL- Did I just say unit?

Greg is a big-smokey unit. Pass it on.

bittertruth
03-04-2005, 02:55 PM
welcome to the board. these guys will make you a better Griller/Smoker if you are using a tin can and a shoe box!!

spicewine
03-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Welcome Brother Jesse !! My real name is Jesse but everyone calls me Jay or A$$ Hole depending who you talk to.

racer_81
03-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Welcome Jesse.

Big_Jesse
03-19-2005, 02:20 PM
I threw up some pictures of my BBQ tool's for all you picture whore's.

-Big Jesse

Bill-Chicago
03-19-2005, 02:35 PM
I threw up some pictures

You really should look to change your diet.

I guess pictures of food are probably low carb though

Bill-Chicago
03-19-2005, 02:37 PM
just saw the pics.

Nice units.

Is the WSM new? Say you were "Saturday Smoke" in Q talk with it. How you like it?

chad
03-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Your WSM is entirely too clean! Mine looks like the road warrior it's been the last few month - it has road grime on it from traveling in the trailer and the barrel only fits one way on the bottom if I want it to actually be leak-tight!! :D

Welcome to the group.

Hiloboy
03-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Aloha bro, i really like your toys .. can we all come over and play with with your stuff.. or maybe just eat? :wink: i was looking at some of your Q you did. looked pretty good to me.. :D

I know David i'm trying to fly.. but its so hard to leave the NEST :cry: :lol:

frognot
03-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Welcome aboard, Jesse! Lotsa good folks here and good advice of all types.

We might need to start up a map showing where everybody is. We even got a brother in Spain.