PDA

View Full Version : Pulled The Trigger And Ordered a WSM!

powerpig
06-07-2011, 07:33 PM
In my quest for the perfect smoker, I just purchased the Weber Smoky Mountain. I've been coveting one of these for quite a while and pulled the trigger when Amazon offered 20% off using their card. Got it shipped to the door for $220.

I now have four Traeger's, a WeberQ, Weber Genesis Gold and a Big Green Egg. I think I may have a problem! http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

NorthwestBBQ
06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Everyone here has the same problem.

Johnny_Crunch
06-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Congrats!

BBQ Bill
06-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Congratulations. If you are out of room for one of your Traegers, let me know. I just got a Jr but I'm already to go bigger.:becky:

powerpig
06-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Congratulations. If you are out of room for one of your Traegers, let me know. I just got a Jr but I'm already to go bigger.:becky:

Funny you should say that. I have to make room for the WSM and I'm going to put two Traeger 070's up for sale. Your choice, $375. Hope I didn't violate any rules by posting that. I'll make an official post on the for sale forum with pics this weekend. Here's my Traeger Pig. Of course, it's called the powerpig.

powerpig
06-07-2011, 07:58 PM

We make work something out. I'll be posting an ad in the for sale section this weekend for two Traeger 070's.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
06-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Great choice.

Just so you know, after five or so smokers, wives begin to lose count.:thumb:

aquablue22
06-07-2011, 08:55 PM
You my friend are just settlingin,good for you

Harbormaster
06-07-2011, 08:58 PM
In my quest for the perfect smoker, I just purchased the Weber Smoky Mountain. Quest complete!

I now have four Traeger's, a WeberQ, Weber Genesis Gold and a Big Green Egg. I think I may have a problem! [/QUOTE] No, you have a collection. If you had no outdoor cookers, then you would have a problem.

smokeyokie
06-07-2011, 09:04 PM
powerpig... I hate to tell ya.. well they have a 12 step program for us????:shock: oh that is only for quitters!! LOL Smoke on Brother!!:thumb:

JMSetzler
06-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Glad to hear you are joining the WSM family!

I'm glad I don't know any better yet. After the things I have cooked on my WSM so far, I can't imagine why I would want anything else. If space ever becomes an issue for me on the 18.5, maybe I'll buy a 22.5 or maybe I'll mod the 18.5 for an additional cooking rack. The small amount of Q I have turned out since becoming an owner in early May has all exceeded my expectations.

I owe that purchase decision to the good brethren on this forum. I came here not knowing what I really wanted. I wash shown the path of righteousness.

Yay for you on your purchase!

Sammy_Shuford
06-08-2011, 12:28 AM
I don't see a problem!

rksylves
06-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Well it's about time. We were starting to wonder when you were gonna get a move on. Sheesh, maybe next time you could make your decision just a bit quicker??

Conga-rats on the new WSM!!

Russ

SmokinAussie
06-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Nearly bit the bullit and hit the botton on a WSM AND a performer today So damn close... Damn Damn damn Close... Would you believe....

Ahh dang it. Well, at least you've got one. Well done!

Cheers!

Bill

Still Smokin
06-08-2011, 10:11 AM
You won't regret the purchase

powerpig
06-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the positive replies! What charcoal do you use? I'm thinking about using the same as I use in the BGE, which is hardwood lump. I hope I like it a lot, as I may be sleeping with it once the spousal unit sees it!

O-Town
06-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Definitely congrats on the WSM. My favorite charcoal briquettes are Stubbs and Wicked Good. Either will do you a fine job. Enjoy!

bigdstyron
06-08-2011, 08:25 PM
I just got a WSM 18.5 last week from my wife, of all people, who knows nothing about smokers. She made a fine choice. I'm already smitten...with the smoker. :love:

big brother smoke
06-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Ha.... I got two here at my house, and two in Chicago at my mom's house :laugh::cool:

JMSetzler
06-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the positive replies! What charcoal do you use? I'm thinking about using the same as I use in the BGE, which is hardwood lump. I hope I like it a lot, as I may be sleeping with it once the spousal unit sees it!

I use Kingsford in the blue and white bag... no problems at all.

chrischandler71
06-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Congratulations ... I just ordered a Backwoods Chubby. I should have it by end of June.. I can't wait!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

speedrcer1
06-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Big time congrats. Just finishing my 2nd smoke on my 22.
4 butts. One stubborn one just won't get to temp. GRRRR.
My wife really looked at it for the first time today. She asked if I'm ever going to use the offset she bought me 2 years ago. I did not answer.
Just to share what other Brethren have said, do NOT smoke fish in it. Never get the smell out I'm told.

Jay Bird
06-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Hope the WSM doesn't change your sleeping arrangements too drastically. On second thought, it could always be easily fired up on those long cold nights.
Kingsford blue works just fine.

landarc
06-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Nearly bit the bullit and hit the botton on a WSM AND a performer today So damn close... Damn Damn damn Close... Would you believe....

Ahh dang it. Well, at least you've got one. Well done!

Cheers!

Bill
Hit the button, hit the button!