PDA

View Full Version : New Foodnetwork Show BF BBQ Addiction

purplestarrider
06-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Did anyone see the first episode today with Bobby. I liked his whole little set up there. I was jsut wondering what people thought about how he did things and what he used?

I was also wondering if people agreed with him soaking the wood chips. I have been reading alot of books and different threats that stated that you and other state you shouldn't. I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

smokeyw
06-06-2011, 08:30 AM
I found the show interesting. There were lots of different foods done different ways. As for the wood chip issue, I would probably soak chips but not chunks. Chips burn up extremely fast even when soaked. There are a lot of varying opinions on this.

JS-TX
06-06-2011, 10:21 AM
It's DVRd but I haven't seen it yet. As far as soaking wood chips, I don't do it. My understanding is that it doesn't give you extra smoke, it's steam coming off the chips. Thinking about it, using wood chips is like using crushed ice to cool off hot tea, doesn't help much as blocks of ice would. That sort of translates here I think...

hnd
06-06-2011, 10:23 AM
i soak chunks that are over 2 years old. a year old, i find i dont' need to soak at all.

The_Kapn
06-06-2011, 10:24 AM
I thought it was great.
Lots of "teaching" going on.
Lots of variety (maybe a bit too much) for one show.

Looking forward to the next one.

TIM

AUradar
06-06-2011, 10:30 AM
My understanding is that it doesn't give you extra smoke, it's steam coming off the chips.

according to the book "Meat Smoking and Smokehouse Design", that is correct.

It appears to be smokier because of the steam. However, if does say to soak the wood chips if you need more humitidy in your chamber.