PDA

View Full Version : Any complete refurb packs for Weber B?

metzmo
05-26-2011, 08:22 AM
I have a number of grills that need multiple parts to bring them back to full working capacity. Right now I am looking for a complete refurb package for a 10 year old Weber Silver B. I can certainly buy the parts seperately but I was kind of hoping to save a little $ by buying a package with the most common replacement parts, specifically the burners, crossover, flavorizer bars and ignitor. The grill body and external parts hold up forever. Any suggestions?

jimithing78
05-26-2011, 12:21 PM
For those kind of parts you're probably going to have to go directly to Weber. I called about a WSM that I'm going to rehab and they do have what they call hardware kits - it's all the nuts and bolts for the WSM. They probably have similar type things for the gassers. Their customer service is top notch and prices are very reasonable. That's part of the reason I buy Weber - I can get cheap replacement parts for a 20 year old grill if I need to.

There is a guy on craiglist here (http://stores.ebay.com/Weber-and-Ducane-Grill-Superstore/Weber-Gas-Grill-Parts-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=5&_sid=198245418&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1) that sells Weber parts. I've compared his prices to Weber's and honestly they're about the same, he may be a little more because of his shipping costs. Maybe you could contact him about what you need and see what kind of a deal he could do for you. Best bet is probably still Weber directly though.

Harbormaster
05-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I refurbed a Silver C last summer and I got all of the parts off Amazon. They were less expensive than Weber, and I was able to get everything I needed: SS burners w/ crossover, ignitor, SS flavorizer bars, SS cooking grates, grease catch thing, cover, etc...