PDA

View Full Version : Epic Grilling Weekend - Tons of Pr0n in the link

GrillinFool
05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Yesterday we cooked for the local paper. The Food Editor was doing an article on using soda while cooking. He asked if we could do some of the recipes for him. Of course we obliged. We did a brisket marinated in Dr. Pepper. Wings slathered in a hot sauce made out of orange soda and hot sauce. We brined pork tenderloins in soda (one in orange and the other root beer). And we did a seven up/cilantro reduction and slathered it on some catfish filets. Everything was outstanding but the catfish. It just didn't have any flavor. It was meh. Too bad, because the pics are outstanding.

I'm trying to link the individual pictures here, but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Here's a link to the album (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150194343888512.307385.162172208511).

deathamphetamine
05-23-2011, 04:53 PM
NICE!!!!!:becky: That pic with the flare up is beauty!

GrillinFool
05-23-2011, 04:58 PM
NICE!!!!!:becky: That pic with the flare up is beauty!

I got about five pictures with the flames, but that was the best. Of course you didn't see me scrambling to get the wings off the coals so they didn't burn. The Food Editor took five wings with him. They will have a pro photog do the pics for the article from them in their studio today. Can't wait to see what they do with them.

JiveTurkey
05-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Soda is great for marinating. Here at work the boss bought a case of Coke for a team lunch and nobody drank it, they all drank the diet. He was going to toss it when I said no way jose I'll take it home and use it for marinade. Thanks for the reminder there, I think my weekend cook just got a little more clear!

GrillinFool
05-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Soda is great for marinating. Here at work the boss bought a case of Coke for a team lunch and nobody drank it, they all drank the diet. He was going to toss it when I said no way jose I'll take it home and use it for marinade. Thanks for the reminder there, I think my weekend cook just got a little more clear!

The rootbeer marinated pork tenderloin was probably the best. The orange soda didn't do much...

got14u
05-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Nice .....I am impressed by the precise placement of the wings on your grill. All wings were the same way :clap2: