PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant suggestions

Logan
05-22-2011, 10:04 AM
I'll be driving from New Jersey to the Outer Banks soon and was wondering if there are any BBQ joints on the route that I should hit along the way.

Gore
05-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Dixie Bones in Woodbridge VA is usually pretty good. I really like their greens. :hungry:

Logan
06-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Due to our route, we stopped at Wood Chicks BBQ. I got the sampler platter of ribs, brisket, and pulled pork. The food was really bad and the visit was definitely a disappointment.

Gore
06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Sorry about the experience. I have heard good things about Wood Chicks, although I have never eaten there. I just want to comment that once you get into Virginia, the BBQ style can be very similar to NC style (vinegar based) or even extreme mustard based. For those unfamiliar with the style, it can be "just plain weird," as a friend of mine described it. Many find it a disappointment and describe it as bad. I personally don't like vinegar nor mustard. I will still order the BBQ, and I do appreciate it when it is good, even though I don't like it. I'm not saying it wasn't "bad," as I've had plenty of bad BBQ in those states, but it might actually have been "different." I know Wood Chicks has taken multiple state prizes in Virginia, so I'm curious if you could describe the experience more.