PDA

View Full Version : Meat shopping

lionhrt
05-22-2011, 12:59 AM
I stopped at the local Cash and carry and found some good deals on meat I found full briskets at only $1.77 and the only butts they had were boneless at $1.44 pork lion at $1.88 and pork cusions for $1.44 The total weight of the meat was 85 pounds or so I thought I glanced at my receipt and saw I was charged $2.10 for the pork cushions I was a little peaved untill I really looked at my receipt and saw I was only charged for 10.02 pounds on the chuck roll I bought but I had cut 5 small roast and several packs of boneless beef ribs as well as 4 nice steaks PLUS 10 pounds of ground chuck How could this chuck roll weigh 10 pounds if I got all of this??? then I thought about it and I don`t think the guy ringing me out had it al the way on the scale. Not only this but I picked up 2 rather large Briskets about the same size one was charged at 11.33 pounds at $1.77 and the other at 18.10 pounds at $1.54??? the pork butts was a really large 2 pack and I was only charged for 13.7 pounds then it hit me the guy was busy talking to me as he was ringing me up and i am almost sure when he put the meat on the scale it was not all the way on it was pushed up on the side also. Honestly I feel bad as I am an honest person and If I would have caught it while he was doing it I would have i would have had him put it all the way on the scale but by the time I caught what had gone on I had already ground all my hamburger and sausage and cut and vacuum sealed all this meat. I feel I should call them and let them know they need to make sure all the meat hits the scale and also about the inacurrate pricing what would you do?

Here is my haul
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x296/davenoahr/Throwdown/IMG_20110520_134905.jpg

Puppyboy
05-22-2011, 07:54 AM
It is your soul so do what you feel is right.

A call to the manager to let him know his cashier is not doing a good job may be something they need to know about. What else is this guy messing up and how much money is he costing the store.

lionhrt
05-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Being the manager of a retail bakery I would want to know if one of my people did something like this because I watch my margin like a hawk. Not only was this employee not getting everything on the scale some of the meat was miss maked on price per pound I just don`t want to feel like I am causing trouble.

Mister Bob
05-22-2011, 08:11 AM
At this point, there's probably no way to know what everything really weighed and what you should have paid, and the manager wouldn't charge you now anyway. I think you at least owe it to the store to let them know they have a problem there. I would call the manager and tell him exactly what you told us.

lionhrt
05-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Mr Bob I would be willing to pay for the difference like you said there is know way of knowing the real weights since everything has been trimmed and cut and sealed I just hate feeling like I am causing problems with the 2 issues since I deal with people who make a huge deal and get ultra pissy because the border color of there cake was a "couple shades different that they imagined". You are right they should know though

tjv
05-22-2011, 09:21 AM
You might stop by the store with the receipt and package labels. The manager may want/need a copy to show the employee. Good chance the employee will deny any verbal discussion. Plus an in person heads up is more personable. Maybe offer to cook them something......t