PDA

View Full Version : Gotta eat BBQ in Oakland, California!!

el_matt
05-21-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm going to the Oakland Zoo tomorrow (5-22) and the family wants to treat me with Everret & Jones BBQ, dinner. The general concensus at work is E&J isn't worth the trip, even if you're in Oakland!

Sunday is my BBQ day, and l want to have some good BBQ. Where
do we go?

Matt

BBQ Grail
05-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Phat Matt's on Telegraph. Best, best, best...

Tell Charlotte and Matt the BBQ Grail sent you and they'll hook you up! If you don't like the food there I'll pay for your meal. How's that for a promise?

I'd eat at Burger King before I'd eat at E&J's (and I hate Burger King). Used to be good, but not for several years.

el_matt
05-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Challange accepted!!!

Matt

BBQ Grail
05-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Challange accepted!!!

Matt

I told them you're coming.

el_matt
05-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Matt and Charlotte were super nice, and the food
was amazing. I had the ribs, wife had the brisket, son had tri-tip. Then we all had a bit from each others plates.

Thanks for the recomendation, and you can keep your money!!

Matt

PorkQPine
05-23-2011, 09:24 PM
All American BBQ in Alameda is run by Harry Stewart, a great friend of BBQ and a super guy making real Q.

BBQ Grail
05-23-2011, 09:48 PM
All American BBQ in Alameda is run by Harry Stewart, a great friend of BBQ and a super guy making real Q.

Yes, Harry has a good rep, but this thread was about a good place to eat in Oakland, not Alameda.

BBQpower
06-17-2011, 03:14 PM
I just happened to find Phat Matt's and was surprised because It's only 7 blocks away from home. They gave me a free sample of the brisket and it was good, tender, soft.
I also been to the other ones such as Looneys and Chef Edwards we'll see how phat matt's is!