PDA

View Full Version : shipping a trailer pit??

Big Sexy
05-19-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm in the market for a trailer pit.

If I find one I want to buy, but it's on the other side of the country... is there a company that will ship that for a resonable cost?
(I'm up in the Seattle area)

Also; if you (or someone you know) has a trailer pit that you're looking to sell, PM me w/ the info.

I appreciate it!

NorthwestBBQ
05-19-2011, 12:28 AM
I have heard you can get a deal on a flatbed with other items on it coming to WA.

colonel00
05-19-2011, 12:35 AM
The cost of shipping is gonna hurt a bit. I guess it depends upon what you consider reasonable. I would plan on a grand minimum though. Call up some moving companies. I work for United Van Lines and we have a division that handles freight. I don't work in that area specifically so I don't have any good numbers for you but if you call a local agent I am sure they can get you to someone that can give you some answers. More than likely it would end up with a freight broker for the actual hauling. Remember also, how is this getting loaded and unloaded. If a company has to make special arrangements for roll off tow truck or something of the sort that will obviously add to the cost. Your best bet would be to have the seller drop it off at a dock and you pick it up from a dock to reduce handling costs. PM me if you would like and I can see if I can get you some estimates based on rough sizes and weights.

Big Sexy
05-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Good info colonel.

Once I decide on a pit, and have the trailer info (weight & dimensions), I'll shoot you a PM & see if you can point me in the right direction.

DaveMW
05-19-2011, 08:00 AM
I looked at having a car brought out from Cincinnati area to Montana when we moved out that way & the cost was about $2700 and no delivery date given. They said when they get enough other vehicles going that way then they'd bring it out for that price. I pulled it out behind my SUV. not as carefree of a trip but saved a bunch of money. You need to find someone back east that wants to pull it out for you as a little vacation. You toss them some gas money & they get a cross country road trip. Heck, I'll do it and just tast "Que" across the country and visit brethren on the way!

rocketmanray
05-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Try www.uship.com (http://www.uship.com)

It might be of some help. I've never used it but know folks who've had and been satified.

RMR