PDA

View Full Version : Bluegrass and BBQ Festival at Silver Dollar City From the 12th-30th.

LoneStarMojo
05-18-2011, 03:14 AM
Went this weekend with the wife, 2 sons and 3 grandkids. Had a really fun day with the grandkids. I've gotta 5 year lil granddaughter that looks to be my rollercoaster wingman one day soon. AND she loves ribs as much as I do. They are my BBQ desire. So..onto the BBQ part:

I shoulda took pics of the smoker the Rib House was using. Was a pretty nice and looked like long time used trailer setup done cabinet style. Probably 12 footer. Stick burner fed at both ends. But was definitely not being run properly. They had it set up out front and to the side. It was pouring out HEAVY white smoke from both stacks the whole time I was close enough to watch. (2-3 hours)

The fam and I went in and ordered 3 full racks of spares. NOT good. WAY overly smoked flavor. No suprise. Needed a good bit more low and slow time. Took a good 2-handed tug to get the meat to leave the bone. the beans were so bland. The potato salad was passable, barely. My wife does both so much better. But at least it was great to spend time with the fam. I try not to act too critical of the Que and besides it's fun to watch one of my 5 year old granddaughters knock out a half rack of ribs all by her lil ole self...lol.

We'll be going back...season passes. I'll get pics of the rig next time and post em up. Anybody else go?

Phyphor
05-18-2011, 06:55 AM
I am heading that way the weekend of the fourth, Will stick to my own bbq. Thanks for the heads up.

Braddog
05-18-2011, 09:19 AM
I'll be down there this weekend for the Ozark Mountain Fiddlers Convention. Hauling the Bubba Keg down & plan to do a little que'n around the campsite. I'm not relying on anyone else for BBQ! :-P

Cheers,
Braddog