PDA

View Full Version : Dessert: Grilled Banana Quesadilla

BBQ Grail
05-16-2011, 01:27 AM
http://thebbqgrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Dessert-Ques2.jpg

Original Blog Post And More Details (http://thebbqgrail.com/2011/dessert-quesadilla-thanks-paula-deen/)

Okay, let me admit this right at the beginning. I love Paula Deen!
There’s a couple of reasons why I love Paula Deen. Certainly one of those reasons is we share a devotion to butter. Another reason is an admiration of how she’s worked her way into the a position of respect in the TV food world. The other is her restaurant, Lady & Sons, in Savannah, Georgia. A couple of years when I was in Savannah I had to get in line, 5 hours in advance of our hopeful dining experience just for a chance to eat lunch there. I got in and ate myself into a southern food coma. It was simply marvelous.

Any, I digress…

Mrs. Grail was watching a recent episode of Paula Deen. I didn’t pay a great deal of attention to the show because, quite frankly I wasn’t all that interested in learning how to cook Mexican food from Paula Deen. But when she got to dessert she got my attention. The dessert quesadilla was something that I immediately knew I had to try on the grill. So here’s my take on Paula Deen’s Dessert Quesadilla.

vhram
05-16-2011, 01:29 AM
That thing looks awesome

Hunterman95
05-16-2011, 01:56 AM
I've gotta try that! Looks great!

Boshizzle
05-16-2011, 02:22 AM
I'm not a big desert guy, but that looks good. Nice job, bro!

Phrasty
05-16-2011, 02:55 AM
Damn Larry! I'd fully fark that North! That looks SOO good... :clap: On my to do list now!

Cheers

Phrasty
05-16-2011, 02:57 AM
Sent you an email btw... :wink:

SmokinAussie
05-16-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm gonna have to check out this Paula person... never heard of her till now!

And... that dish looks awesome. I would definately stop drinking to eat that!

Cheers!

Bill

LoveBBQ
05-16-2011, 11:23 AM
That looks sooooooo good. I just copied the recipe and will have to try it out soon. Thanks for sharing it!!!

BBQ Grail
05-16-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm gonna have to check out this Paula person... never heard of her till now!

And... that dish looks awesome. I would definately stop drinking to eat that!

Cheers!

Bill

For some reason I don't think Paula is your type!

---k---
05-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Wow Larry. That sounds fantastic. But we only get one photo???

bigabyte
05-17-2011, 12:03 AM
O M G ! :jaw:

(I think I love you)

BBQ Grail
05-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Wow Larry. That sounds fantastic. But we only get one photo???

http://thebbqgrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Dessert-Ques1.jpg

JMSetzler
05-17-2011, 01:23 AM
I love Paula Deen too... There are two facts about Paula Deen. 1 - You would die quickly if your diet consisted of nothing but Paula Deen Recipes and 2 - A lot of her recipes are worth dying for :)

My 16-yr-old niece sorta summed up Paula Deen for me a while back... she told me...

"I love Paula Deen. She makes 'comfort food' and that's why I love her so much..."

mmmmeat
05-17-2011, 01:27 AM
larry, has anyone ever told you that you are a hero figure??, cuz you are my hero. that looks awesome....

BBQ Grail
05-17-2011, 01:29 AM
When I ate at her restaurant I ventured next door to her store. It was amazing to see the line of people lined up to have their picture taken with Paula. I didn't want my picture taken with her so I just decided to wander up to the front of the line.

When I got to the front of the line I realized all these tourists were waiting in line 45 minutes to have their picture taken with a lifesize cut-out of Paula Deen. That was a little creepy...

But her greens, biscuits, hoe cakes, fried chicken, mac & cheese was farking awesome.