PDA

View Full Version : I tried my weed burner today

BradB41
05-08-2011, 12:13 AM
I cooked a pork butt today on my Egg. I didn't have a lot of charcoal in it to begin with and it cooked a little hot this morning. By late in the afternoon it need some more charcoal. Man...I loaded up the chimney starter up and put the weed burner to it and I had hot coals ready to cook immediately. Man...I wish I'd bought one of these years ago!

K-Barbecue
05-08-2011, 12:25 AM
That always works. New meaning for hot N fast

gtr
05-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Yup. The weed burner is yet another thing I found out about here & wish I'd had years sooner. By far the fastest and most fun way to get a fire going. :thumb:

Mitch
05-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Playing with Fire is fun! And, it helps get the coals going. But mostly, I like playing with fire.:becky:

BradB41
05-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Playing with Fire is fun! And, it helps get the coals going. But mostly, I like playing with fire.:becky:

Yeah...they are definitely cool. It did make the wifey a little nervous though.

Norm
05-08-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm the same way, wish I'd gotten one years ago. Had a hornet buzzing me while lighting the weber last night. Works better than a bug zapper!

Twisted Martini
05-08-2011, 09:53 AM
The tip of my MAPP gas torch isn't working right, so I had to go back to the chimney on the side burner of my gasser last night. I did stop by harbor Freight yesterday and may have to get a weedburner just because...

Arlin_MacRae
05-08-2011, 10:01 AM
The tip of my MAPP gas torch isn't working right, so I had to go back to the chimney on the side burner of my gasser last night. I did stop by harbor Freight yesterday and may have to get a weedburner just because...

You should, you should! High pressure fire is a beautiful thing and it's SO useful.

Oops, forgot my meds. BRB... :becky:

Kevin
05-08-2011, 10:08 AM
I did stop by harbor Freight yesterday and may have to get a weedburner just because...

That's reason enough. :thumb:

chachahut
05-08-2011, 11:20 AM
In addition to charcoal starting, weedburners are a great way to clean a pit. Hit it with the burner on turbo - turns everything is it's path to carbon. Then just scrape with a brush!

Meat Burner
05-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Yep, +1 on the weedburner. I pile all my grates on one of the webers and blast away to clean them. It's way cool!!!