PDA

View Full Version : Iron Chef Rip Off

Bill-Chicago
01-22-2005, 09:18 PM
okay
you guys are gonna say "Chicago" preference.

But I'll still protest.

I just watched the first American Iron Chef

Bobby Flay (who I actually like) against Rick Bayless, who cooks authentic mexican "One Plate at a Time" on PBS.

Caveat: Rick is based in Chicago, with a good restaurant

Anyone see this show?

Rick traced dishes back to small towns in Mexico, while Bobby seemed lost in flare, Not any negatives from judges on Rick. On Bobby, Bison (secret ingredient) too tough, too salty, etc.

So you think Rick wins hands down.

Nope

Food TV elects there own Bobby FLay to win the first Amercian Iron chef

There was a 1pt difference, on farking PLATING!!!

If any of you get Rick Bayless, Mexico One Plate at a Time on PBS, watch it and learn. The Food TV Iron Chef is bull ****. Bobby Flay dont know dick about SW cooking ( and I like BF)

Ron_L
01-22-2005, 10:54 PM
My wife and I watched it and we both thought Rick won, just from the judges comments on his dishes.

I seem to remember that in the original Iron Chef series the iron Chef won quite a bit of the time, whether it seemed like they deserved it or not...

One Plate at a Time is one of my favorite cooking shows! The cook book is great, also!

racer_81
01-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Same thing happened to AB in the episode Scrap Iron Chef. The judges liked his food hands
down, but declared the little old midwestern lady the winner.

BigAl
01-23-2005, 02:14 AM
Show is a waste of time, IMNSHO.

Jorge
01-23-2005, 08:30 AM
okay
you guys are gonna say "Chicago" preference.

But I'll still protest.

Bayless was invented in Oklahoma I believe. Have a great book he did with several of his salsa recipes, and then the rest of the book are recipes all incorporating them. Great book.

Bobby Flay? Well at least he had/has a smokin hot girlfriend....BTW, she was invented in....yep TEXAS.

tommykendall
01-23-2005, 12:02 PM
had/has a smokin hot girlfriend....BTW, she was invented in....yep TEXAS

God blessed Texas

Wayne
01-23-2005, 07:51 PM
The problem with Texas is that anything born down there has to be sent to Kansas for a season to fatten it up before it will be any good. If you eat a good steak in Texas you can bet your a$$ that it was fattened up and butchered in Kansas.

Arlin_MacRae
01-24-2005, 01:43 PM
And, while you guys are trading farking meat up and down I-35 we end up with the pi$$ and $hit on our windshields!! :D

spicewine
01-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Flay is a HOSER! Pompas Ass.

Kind of reminds me of me without the Hot Girlfriend!

Mark
01-24-2005, 05:18 PM
The problem with Texas is that anything born down there has to be sent to Kansas for a season to fatten it up before it will be any good. If you eat a good steak in Texas you can bet your a$$ that it was fattened up and butchered in Kansas.

Does that go for women too?

http://www.markredman.net/bandera/fat1.jpg

Bigdog
01-24-2005, 10:07 PM
And, while you guys are trading farking meat up and down I-35 we end up with the pi$$ and $hit on our windshields!! :D

LMAO

Jorge
01-24-2005, 10:11 PM

Get rid of Bob Stoops and we can negotiate :oops:

Wayne
01-25-2005, 12:55 AM

The only time I had all that stuff on my windshield was on I-44 near Springfield, Missouri. Fortunately, it was only a few miles till we ran into a real toad strangler of a rain storm so we did not have to hit a car wash.

BigBelly
01-25-2005, 09:02 AM
I prefer Bayless over Bobby "gayman" Flay any day!

chadwell.bandera
01-25-2005, 03:52 PM
uhhhh, Ok Jorge, I vote we get rid of Bob Stoops. Wait a minute the Sooner Nation probably isn't gonna count my vote :)

cayenne
01-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Yeah....I actually like a good bit of BF's food. He puts together some good recipes. I personally can't stand HIM. His personality...if that's what you call it, sucks. I don't know a single soul I've met that likes the guy.

I think this shows in how many shows he's tried on Food TV....and had them all fail. Wasn't the food...it was him. He comes off as an arrogant jerk.

I dunno why they keep trying to find a vehicle for him on that network...either because he was there from way back, or he owns stock in the company...or possibly he had compromising pictures of an executive with a collie....

I think Bayless would outcook BF off the planet in a fair competition....but, I've not seen this Iron Chef episode. In fact, I was only planning on watching the ones w/o BF.

jt
01-25-2005, 04:59 PM
or possibly he had compromising pictures of an executive with a collie....
LOL

spicewine
01-25-2005, 06:48 PM
The only reason I watched Grillin' and Chillin' was because Jack was such a down home, charcoal burnin', webber usein' all around good guy. Flay Bites.

Spice is a Flay Basher

Pass it on

jgh1204
01-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Get rid of ol' yeller teeth and stoops would be good with me.

tommykendall
01-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Wait a minute the Sooner Nation probably isn't gonna count my vote

Now if it was "schooner" nation - that would be a different story.

parrothead
01-25-2005, 10:44 PM
OH! what a lovely tea party. Sorry, Jay snd silent bob again.