PDA

View Full Version : Change Jar Needed Emptying

tjus77
04-17-2011, 11:18 PM
My Char-Griller Duo was about to collapse, so I mention to my wife I might go cash in my change jar and see about at least getting a Weber Kettle (I never liked the charcoal side of the Duo anyways). She said, you have been saying that for months, go do it.

$280 later, walked out with a Kettle and Gas Char-Griller. Back in grilling mode, ready for Easter... Pics later when everything is up and situated.

smokemaster1
04-17-2011, 11:48 PM
That's one hell of a change jar! :shock:
I gotta check mine :idea:

Ground Pounder
04-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Awesome - gotta' love those change jars!

Sorry if I get a little off-topic - my mom worked as a bartender and waitress, mostly for family-owned bars, for about 15 years both before and after I was born. She would take her change every night and save it in those old glass water-cooler jugs (before they switched to plastic).

In 1988, my great uncle was retiring, and offered to help her buy her own place. So me, my little sis, and my mom spent 3 weeks seperating and rolling change from the 18 jugs of change that she had saved. In the end, she had over $17,000 saved in those jugs!

That 17 grand helped build the business that put food in my mouth and clothes on my back until I took out on my own.

Sorry to get a little off topic - go out and do great things with them new toys!

h20loo
04-18-2011, 09:44 AM
we(canadians) have a bit of an advantage when it comes to change jars... we have loonies and toonies(one and two dollar coins) so our jars add up fast.

1FUNVET
04-18-2011, 10:24 AM
we(canadians) have a bit of an advantage when it comes to change jars... we have loonies and toonies(one and two dollar coins) so our jars add up fast.

That explains why a lot of ya'll are loonie toons :becky:

Norm
04-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Nice score!

But you must not have kids as my change jar never seems to get any fuller. :roll: