PDA

View Full Version : CL Silver 22.5 one touch Weber 65$

NewBBQer
04-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Got the guy down to fifty its never been opened brand new in the box. Think I got a pretty good deal.

Question is what do I need to do to get it ready for first cook and should I jump in with tri tip or maybe get some burgers and dogs to start off and take baby steps?

Brian in Maine
04-16-2011, 11:04 AM
I'd go with rib eye. Congrats!

Dave Russell
04-16-2011, 12:16 PM
The manual is pretty helpful, especially if you use briquettes....There's probably some help at the Weber site, but their books that Jamie Purvience has done are really good and relate heavily to cooking on the kettles.

For starters, I'd suggest the easiest grill task ever: just setting the grill up for a 50/50 two zone fire and grill some dogs. Put 3/4 chimney's worth of briqs on one side and leave the other bare. Easy peasy, and if the fire is nice and even, you can just pick up the grill with gloves and turn it around after all the dogs get grill marks. (By the way, you can use the dogs to steam the buns by putting the grilled dogs in each bun and putting them all back in the plastic bag for a little bit while you get drinks and chips on the table.)

...Next time, have an extra chimney and fill both with lump. Use the same 50/50 two zone technique for four nice sized ribeyes....just a MUCH hotter fire. Ribeyes are so much better when they don't cook directly over the coals for the whole time. First sign of flare-ups, you quickly put 'em on the other side and replace the lid.

Hope that helps.