PDA

View Full Version : One of Those Days (in a good way)

dannytp
04-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Today was one of those gorgeous spring days where you just want to stay outside all day long. Not too hot or too cold with a nice breeze. It's one of those days you want to fire up the smoker and kick back and relax with a hot cup of coffee.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac43/dtpfeiffer/BBQ/IMAG0030.jpg

I threw some spares on the ECB and enjoyed my time out in the yard today. The mods I made to it really helped it burn consistently for quite a while with minimal adjustments needed. It was also my first time using Stubbs and it seems like some good stuff.

I didn't take pics of the whole process but here's a shot of the final result shown with some mashed sweet potatoes and green beans. It doesn't show up very well, but the smoke ring went almost all the way to the bone on these. If you look closely you can kind of see the color change where the bone ends.
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac43/dtpfeiffer/BBQ/IMAG0031.jpg

As good as the ribs were, the sweet potatoes really hit the spot. All in all it was a nice relaxing day. On top of that I got to eat some que.:thumb:

Thanks for looking.

justjack
04-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Great time of year, some cracking days lately.
Gotta break it to you gently though.. it's Autumn.

Cast Iron Chef
04-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Great way to spend the day.

Arlin_MacRae
04-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Great time of year, some cracking days lately.
Gotta break it to you gently though.. it's Autumn.

Yeah, but your toilets swirl backwards down there!! :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed your day, brother. Great pix!

cowgirl
04-12-2011, 01:57 AM
Looks like a great way to spend the day! Food looks fantastic!

Phubar
04-12-2011, 04:26 AM
"Today was a good day" *Ice Cube mod*

Looks like good times!

dannytp
04-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Looks like a great way to spend the day! Food looks fantastic!
Thanks Jeanie. I consider that high praise coming from you. Everything you post always looks great. I was kinda disappointed with the pic after I uploaded it. The color is washed out and it's out of focus. The food looked even better in person.

"Today was a good day" *Ice Cube mod*

Looks like good times!

I must be a little slow today, it took a few minutes for that to sink in. You went and made me listen to that song and now it's stuck in my head.

martyleach
04-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Nice meal and your pictures sell the sense of quiet relaxation. Very nice!