PDA

View Full Version : Just struck me as funny

ammoore
04-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Two things happened this weekend that struck me as funny.

First, I was at SAMS browsing the pork butts (like that is something to do) when I overheard a Husband and Wife discussing what meat to purchase. They were standing in front of those giant whole pork loins and he asked "Is that big thing the same as these tenderloins?" She didn't know but she must have noticed how quickly my head turned (I couldn't help it...reflex) and told her husband "Ask him...he looks like he would know"

They ultimately picked up 6 packs of tenderloins and I told them that "Hey just so you know, there are two tenderloins in each of those packs..." to which he replied "Yeah, that's ok...we're just going to make some pulled pork in the crock pot"

As we walked away, my wife told me how proud she was of me for not launching into a lecture on the finer points of pulled pork and taking the "To each their own" attitude.

Second, while driving home I saw a truck pulling out of an intersection with a 12' utility trailer behind. The only thing on the trailer was an old, red ECB. I started laughin at how obsurd it was to be hauling the ECB on a trailer by itself...especially when you are driving a truck.

Smoke & Beers
04-11-2011, 04:22 PM
My wife refuses to go into Sams with me when shopping for meat. First, I go through every piece they have out in the display, then ask what they have in the back and if they can bring it out (more so with briskets and butts when purchasing for comps).
Then, as I'm going through them, I put a few aside in my cart until I find a better one...which this usually attracts people asking what I'm doing. When I tell them I'm selecting meat for BBQ comps, they usually start asking questions and asking if "this is a good piece" or "would you cook this piece". Last time I was in there, it took 20 minutes to select the meat I was purchasing and 30 minutes to help others select their meat :wink:
I don't mind, as long as I'm not in a hurry.

Southern Home Boy
04-11-2011, 05:08 PM
My wife refuses to go into Sams with me when shopping for meat. First, I go through every piece they have out in the display, then ask what they have in the back and if they can bring it out (more so with briskets and butts when purchasing for comps).
Then, as I'm going through them, I put a few aside in my cart until I find a better one...which this usually attracts people asking what I'm doing. When I tell them I'm selecting meat for BBQ comps, they usually start asking questions and asking if "this is a good piece" or "would you cook this piece". Last time I was in there, it took 20 minutes to select the meat I was purchasing and 30 minutes to help others select their meat :wink:
I don't mind, as long as I'm not in a hurry.

Ditto.

NewBBQer
04-11-2011, 06:17 PM
My wife bought me my smoker, now she doesnt understand why I want to go grocery shopping and as soon as we walk in she says Ill go by the meat when Im done and I let her know Ill be there!