PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered iQue 110 and I'm "stoked". Anyone use it??

Jason TQ
04-07-2011, 10:45 AM
So after doing my research as I normally do for a new BBQ purchase I bought the ique 110. A lot of thanks to people who posted info on this forum.

It is for my 22 WSM, even though that thing holds temps like a champ on its own. But doing some comps this year and want something to help even more.

I looked at a lot of other stokers from the Guru and others and found for the price and my needs the iQue 110 is perfect. It is simple and I don't need all the fancy computer monitoring technology. At least not now :). Some of those guru packages get pretty darn expensive. But i understand you are getting a lot of technology there and understand paying more in certain instances is worth the $$. Hence why I got my WSM.

So anyone else have the iQue 110 and have any tips. Seems pretty straight forward to use which is what I like and maintains the temp within 5 degrees. Looking forward to doing my first overnight with it where I slap it on and go to sleep :).

smokeyw
04-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I use one on my UDS all the time. It does exactly as advertised. You will enjoy getting some sleep on those overnighters. :thumb:

smokaholic
04-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I ordered mine on March 16th. Still havent filled the order. They are pretty backed up I guess. The wait is killing me lol. Anyone else have one on back order? Maybe we can kinda track when ours will be ordered.

hamiltont
04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Ordered on 3/22 & on back order as well. John must be really busy 'cause I haven't received a reply to emails either. Would like to have a general idea when they might ship. Web site says end of March? Cheers!!!

cgarrit
04-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Ordered mine on 3/18. I would like to know when they think that they are going to ship. I don't mind the backorder but I would like a little info.

Garth57
04-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Just ordered mine on the 4th. Might be a long wait I guess. Hope it is worth it!

smokaholic
04-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Im a temp gauge watcher even with remotes..to me its part of the fun but I tell you what here lately staying up and babysitting a brisket going for 9 or so hours over night is wearing thin. I cant wait to sleep through a brisket cook and wake up to some amazing food :)

GreenDrake
04-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I am in the pickle of whether or not I order an iQue 110 or go big and get the new Guru setup. Decisions decisions. I plan to use it on my Kamado Joe

smokaholic
04-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I priced it out and for what I wanted in a guru that was expandable for if and when I get a bigger smoker it was like 500bucks. I went with the ique 110 cause its not such a dent in the wallet and I dont mind the low tech of it compaired to the guru. Its worth it even if I use it just use it through this bbq season.

speedrcer1
04-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Tip:
Set it.
Forget it.
That's all.
I love mine.

NCsmoker
04-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Been using one for about 7 mo now and like it alot. Not waterproof so if I have a hint it is going to rain I pit it in a clear plastic bag and hang it from a hook on my UDS. I keep it simple.

speedrcer1
04-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Been using one for about 7 mo now and like it alot. Not waterproof so if I have a hint it is going to rain I pit it in a clear plastic bag and hang it from a hook on my UDS. I keep it simple.
Here is a great and simple box to build:
YouTube - Build This BBQ Electronics Rain Box For Your Thermometer, iQue, Guru, Stoker! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS5L7l9VZLU)

smokeyw
04-07-2011, 09:40 PM
The box is really easy to make.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh112/smokeyws/Ique%20110%20Brisket/Brisket2056.jpg

RAZORBACK JIM
04-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Works great...I love it.

Jim

Ken V
04-08-2011, 12:12 AM
I called the other day and was told atleast another week before shipping. I guess the Tsunami in Japan really put a backlog on equipment from what I was told.

Ken

jleb1914
04-08-2011, 08:53 AM
I ordered mine 3/19 I dont like this wait either I have to keep reminding myself it was a backorder sale. :thumb:

jtfisher63
04-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I called the other day and was told atleast another week before shipping. I guess the Tsunami in Japan really put a backlog on equipment from what I was told.

Ken

I ordered one yesterday and he told me the same thing about the tsunami. He said they were hoping to start shipping around the 18th.

Jason TQ
04-08-2011, 03:49 PM
I ordered one yesterday and he told me the same thing about the tsunami. He said they were hoping to start shipping around the 18th.

I emailed them as well and was given a similar response about the tsunami. They said mid month for shipping. Email response was very quick so that was nice.

TedW
04-08-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm looking at one of these too. Might be nice if the top temp went above 375

smokaholic
04-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm looking at one of these too. Might be nice if the top temp went above 375

:becky: isnt that what a grill is for :becky:

TedW
04-08-2011, 05:21 PM
:roll:

hamiltont
04-08-2011, 05:42 PM
This was just added to the PitmasterIQ web site:
“UPDATE: We are very sorry that we are so late resuming shipments. A critical component of the iQue comes from Asia and deliveries of electronic components from this region have been impeaded by the recent disaster in Japan. Our supplier tells us that they will ship air and we should have them here the week of April 18th. If this works as promised, we'll be all caught up on shipments by April 22nd. Thanks for your patience.”

TedW
04-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm quite tempted to get one. Haven't heard a bad thing about them yet. I have Maverick 732 for remote updates. I'd just like the temp controlled, and I'll measure it remotely myself. The iq 110 + Maverick combined is still cheaper than either the Stoker or the Guru.

fr8erfxr
04-09-2011, 12:11 AM
I used mine for the first time 2 weeks ago on my UDS for my first overnight smoke and my first brisket. (I was feeling pretty brave that night!). I set the iQue @ 250 and my maverick ET-73 low temp alarm at 230 and high temp at 260. The outside temp went down to 38 that night and the alarm never went off for the whole 13 hours until the brisket was done. I'm extremely satisfied.

Smoothsmoke
04-09-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm quite tempted to get one. Haven't heard a bad thing about them yet. I have Maverick 732 for remote updates. I'd just like the temp controlled, and I'll measure it remotely myself. The iq 110 + Maverick combined is still cheaper than either the Stoker or the Guru.

My thoughts as well. I have an ET732 on the way. This IQ sounds nice, on the fence about it. As I dont need it, but it would be great to have.

smokaholic
04-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Its all about the toys... I mean hobby. Sure I eat what I cook but there are times I just cook for the sake of cooking. Thats a hobby.

firemedic
04-09-2011, 01:38 AM
I just used mine for the first time on my UDS, running through a 1" ball valve wide open and a Weber kettle lid wide open. I seem to be the only one that has had any problems. I initially set it to 175 to give it a try. Had about 12 lbs of Kingsford in the basket with about 7 or 8 lit briquettes to get it going. I deliberately used a small amount to start with to see how fast it would get up to temp. Well it got up to over 300 in about 15 minutes and never came down. I waited over an hour and finally had to disconnect it and close everything to choke the fire down. After it cooled to 225 (where it normally sits without any input from me) I cooked my pork. I still had tons of charcoal so I decided to do a couple of chickens. I set the IQue to 300 and off to the races we went. This time it leveled off somewhere north of 375. Same as before, i disconnected it and closed the ball valve about 3/4 till the temp got to about 300 and cooked my bird. The GOOD part about this story is that I emailed John at IQue with my situation and he replied within 10 minutes. I have sent a couple of emails and all of his replies have been prompt and comprehensive. My thought (which was confirmed by him) is that the UDS design can basically act as a big chimney and even when the fan isn't spinning it can draw air through it "stoking" the fire. He suggested that I partially close the valve to help prevent this effect and I think it will probably work. I am going to buy a new adapter to replace the plastic one that came with it because I want one in stainless and will probably reduce it from 1" to a 3/4" NPT ball valve which should help too. I really like the design, the price and the customer service has been outstanding. Hopefully this weekend I will love the product too!