PDA

View Full Version : Cover for SS Weber Performer (pre-2000)... or alternatives?

caliking
04-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Howdy all.

I'm nearing completion of my Performer restoration project, and have begun thinking about a cover for her. Would prefer something that is thicker and more durable so that it will last awhile. The Performer will live outside, under the cover, so I would like something stronger than the thin generic vinyl covers.

The Weber ones I have seen on the internet are about $45. Anyone see it for cheaper? Or is there a cheaper option from Wally World/HD/Lowe's which fits?

Thanks!

Harbormaster
04-06-2011, 05:03 PM
I find the black Weber covers to be very durable, though they are not totally waterproof. I have had the black covers on WSMs outside for years and they are still in good condition. Worth the $$ in my opinion.

1FUNVET
04-06-2011, 05:31 PM
You could probably get an upholstery shop to make one, but i bet it will be more expensive that the Webers.

jimithing78
04-06-2011, 05:31 PM
I think this is the cover for the pre-2000 performers. Amazon.com: Weber 7456 Premium Cover, Fits 22-1/2-Inch One-Touch Charcoal Grills: Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hPJ7XZjVL.@@AMEPARAM@@41hPJ7XZjVL (http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7456-Premium-One-Touch-Charcoal/dp/B0012CBRXE/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IWPA0O2URW121&colid=21HSOEVFBA26G)Notice the lack of wheels on the front legs. I've been meaning to buy one for my performer and just haven't gotten around to it yet. It's kind of an odd shaped grill and I haven't been able to find another cover that will cover it and not blow off.

caliking
04-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I think this is the cover for the pre-2000 performers. Amazon.com: Weber 7456 Premium Cover, Fits 22-1/2-Inch One-Touch Charcoal Grills: Patio, Lawn & Garden (http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7456-Premium-One-Touch-Charcoal/dp/B0012CBRXE/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IWPA0O2URW121&colid=21HSOEVFBA26G)Notice the lack of wheels on the front legs. I've been meaning to buy one for my performer and just haven't gotten around to it yet. It's kind of an odd shaped grill and I haven't been able to find another cover that will cover it and not blow off.

Thanks! Somehow I didn't see that when I searched Amazon. Price is a few bucks cheaper than what I have seen elsewhere.

swamprb
04-07-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't really care for the Weber covers, I have some of them, but they all have that vent material sewn into them, which doesn't make any sense to those of us in the Pacific NorthWet, so I cover them with whatever is on sale at Lowes or HD just before they clear the grill section to make room for Holiday crap.

caliking
04-08-2011, 01:30 AM
I don't really care for the Weber covers, I have some of them, but they all have that vent material sewn into them, which doesn't make any sense to those of us in the Pacific NorthWet, so I cover them with whatever is on sale at Lowes or HD just before they clear the grill section to make room for Holiday crap.

That's my backup plan!